Oklahoma Man Uses AR-15 to Kill Three Teen Home Intruders

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" A 23-year-old Oklahoma man used a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle to shoot and kill three masked teenage intruders dressed in black who broke into his home Monday afternoon — an act authorities are investigating as self-defense.

Zach Peters, the homeowner's son, fatally shot an 18-year-old man and two boys ranging between 16 and 17 around 12:30 p.m. The trio allegedly forced their way into the residence through a back door and were killed after exchanging words with Peters, who fired multiple shots.

Police said the alleged getaway driver, 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez, surrendered to the Broken Arrow Police Department Monday evening and is facing charges of three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of burglary.

Her first court appearance, set for Tuesday, has been pushed to April 5 and she was ordered to be held on no bond. "

Continue reading here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-kill-three-teen-home-intruders-n739541?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Good.. WTF you think they were going to do to him? Three more good ones. Bet they won't break into anyone else's home..

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm not understanding the murder charges here, can someone help out the slow kid?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good.. WTF you think they were going to do to him? Three more good ones. Bet they won't break into anyone else's home..

Damn Skippy! The boy has been posting some good articles lately. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not understanding the murder charges here, can someone help out the slow kid?

Dear slow kid, once in awhile, if you do your homework, read the links, there is much information to be attained. To wit;

Wagoner County Deputy Sheriff Nick Mahoney said that Rodriguez is being charged with the murders because she was in "commission of felony" when she allegedly dropped them off at the residence, meaning she had an intent to burglarize the home

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
In some states, anyone involved in the crime is charged with murder when the crime results in death.
I thought that only came in to play when it was the victim. Murder seems like a far stretch for this, more like assisted suicide.

glhs837

Power with Control

I thought that only came in to play when it was the victim. Murder seems like a far stretch for this, more like assisted suicide.

Nope, pretty common, I think. Meant to discourage folks from thinking "Well, my legal risk is low, since I'm just driving the car". Anyone, victim or criminal, dies in the commission, everybody on the bad guy team gets a bite of the ####e sandwich

philibusters

Yes, it is the felony murder rule. The Supreme Court however has ruled that states cannot use the death penalty for a felony murder conviction if the person was not directly involved in the killing, such as in this case. Thus most severe punishment the get away driver can get is life without parole.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

If you are involved in a crime, regardless of level of commitment, and somebody dies, you can be charged and found guilty of murder.

For example.. well.. the one above

But if you're robbing a liquor store and the cops show up.. shoot at you and miss and kill an innocent bystander YOU could be charged with the bystanders murder.

She was the getaway driver.. she was involved in a felony act and somebody died.. MURDER!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you are involved in a crime, regardless of level of commitment, and somebody dies, you can be charged and found guilty of murder.

For example.. well.. the one above

But if you're robbing a liquor store and the cops show up.. shoot at you and miss and kill an innocent bystander YOU could be charged with the bystanders murder.

She was the getaway driver.. she was involved in a felony act and somebody died.. MURDER!!

Ain't nobody gettin in my uber til they sign the waiver!!! Lol