Patron
trump10.jpg

A resume comparable to Obama's.

Except Jared married a human...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump: Jared Kushner will 'broker Mideast peace' for the White House
Kushner has no previous diplomatic experience, but steered Trump's foreign policy throughout his presidential campaign and subsequent presidential transition.

“What we know, he’s a really tough, smart guy, and we hope he will bring new energy to our region,” Israel's defense minister, Avigdor Lieberman, said of Kushner last month.

As a member of the president's family, Kushner had to retain a law firm to navigate him through potential legal obstacles to working for his father-in-law– specifically, an anti-nepotism law which states that "a public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official."

But his legal counsel, WilmerHale, concluded last month that precedent was laid for Kushner by Trump's former rival, Hillary Rodham Clinton, who won a court case in the 1990s in her fight to chair a national task force on health care reform for her husband, then-president Bill Clinton. That case found that existing law bans appointments to agencies and departments, but not within the White House itself.

apparently ran the family business .....
Obama never ran so much as a lemon-aid stand

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-jared-kushner-trump-card/

Once he became CEO of the family business, the younger Kushner shifted its focus from New Jersey to New York. “He knew early in his career that the way to become important was to get out of Jersey and become a Manhattan developer,” says NYU’s Moss. Kushner had no profile in the city, but that changed in 2006 when he bought the Observer for what was widely reported to be $10 million. “Jared saw it as a way to have a voice in New York,” says Bob Sommer, who was president of Observer Media from 2007 to 2009. “It helped set him up as a serious player.”

[clip]

Kushner tried to make up for his weak financial position with politesse. He flew to California in 2009 to see Thomas Barrack, executive chairman of Colony Capital. Barrack expected Kushner to walk in with “17 attorneys,” ready to fight. That might have suited Kushner’s father, but his son was more diplomatic. He showed up at Barrack’s office by himself. “He didn’t have a piece of paper,” Barrack says. “He didn’t have a pen. He said, ‘I just want a little bit of time to explain my situations and my thoughts.’ ”

apparently he also has some diplomatic skills

Last edited:

tommyjo

View attachment 117882

A resume comparable to Obama's.

Except Jared married a human...

Hey that's brilliant!

So your point is that because Mr. Obama has little experience, Mr, Kushner's complete lack of any relevant experience is ok?

That the best way to right the country is to put some else in charge who possesses the same quality (only in large portion) than something you hated about Mr. Obama?

Yeah...that makes sense.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey that's brilliant!

So your point is that because Mr. Obama has little experience, Mr, Kushner's complete lack of any relevant experience is ok?

That the best way to right the country is to put some else in charge who possesses the same quality (only in large portion) than something you hated about Mr. Obama?

Yeah...that makes sense.

Huh. I took it as being critical of the choice.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Kind of a risky idea to put a New York, Dem, Jew in charge of the Israeli-Palestine peace process. Can't do a lot worse than BO and Kerry's ham fisted attempts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When I saw the headline, my mind inserted the missing Q. You saw 'Whay' too? Well, misspellings happen when fingers are a-flyin' over the keyboard ya know. :shrug:

I do, too. However, when I start a post, I write the title in the body because my spel chkr works in the body, not the title, then, once approved, I c n p the thing into the title bar.

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NHB started a thread with this exact title, misspellings and all, and then locked it. I'm guessing this thread is a response to that one.