Even "Moderate" Dem = Party Over Country

This_person

President Trump indicated last week, soon after Republicans failed to take up the American Health Care Act, that he'd be reaching out to Democrats to pursue health care reform, etc. He got the ball rolling on Wednesday, inviting moderate Democrat Stephen F. Lynch (MA) to the White House. Yet, the congressman did not accept, offering this blunt explanation to the Boston Globe.

“I was asked if I would be interested in going over to the White House for a meeting,” Lynch said in a statement to the Globe. “They said they were looking for ‘moderate’ Democrats – which I am. But under the circumstances I felt like they were trying to divide our party so I declined the invitation.”
“My feeling is that the Trump White House has taken a ‘scorched earth’ approach so far,” he added. “I am usually someone who looks for middle ground, but Mr. Trump’s opening position, especially as reflected in his budget, has been so extreme that there is no middle ground. It’s a non-starter for me.”

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's no such thing as a "moderate Democrat" Massh0le. They are either all in progbots or they are liberal Republicans.

I think where Trump went wrong is that he thought our Congresstards had the best interests of America at heart. Clearly that's not true and they are simply power mongering party zealots.

Hijinx

There's no such thing as a "moderate Democrat" Massh0le. They are either all in progbots or they are liberal Republicans.

I think where Trump went wrong is that he thought our Congresstards had the best interests of America at heart. Clearly that's not true and they are simply power mongering party zealots.

IMO your post is 100% correct.
These people are too worried over their party, the country doesn't mean #### to them.

So #### You Congressmen Lynch. Stay over on the Hill and sucking on Pelosi's ass.
Too cowardly to even meet.
Let your freaking Obamacare die the death it deserves.

tommyjo

maybe you dumbasses should read something other than propaganda?

Here is the last paragraph of the local Boston paper:

Lynch is the most conservative member of the Massachusetts delegation, and has in the past shown a willingness to buck Democratic Party lines. In 2010, he was one of the few to vote against final passage of President Obama’s health care bill.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...p-officials/8WL8PkHITnQcwgxhOEQ4EP/story.html

Here's some more on the guy:

Rep. Stephen Lynch Says Media Has Treated President Trump Unfairly