Pence Will Only Eat Alone With His Wife

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Left Goes Nuts Over Reports Pence Will Only Eat Alone With His Wife. As Opposed To Clinton, Who Would Only Eat Alone With Any Woman Who Wasn't.

So it turns out that Vice-President Mike Pence actually loves and respects his wife so much that he doesn’t want to place himself in a position that could reflect badly on his marriage, and that makes the Left nuts. A Washington Post profile of Karen Pence, who is an advocate for art therapy, mentioned a 2002 piece in The Hill that reported Mike Pence never ate alone with a woman other than his wife and that he would not attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side.

Cue the Leftists:

New York Magazine:

But thanks to a write-around profile of her in the Washington Post, we now know exactly how close she is to her husband. The answer? Very, very close. The two are almost always at each other’s side, and while Karen Pence has a rule against chiming in on public policy, she ultimately serves as the “gut check” and “prayer warrior” for the VP. For his part, Mike Pence is also very, very committed to ensuring that there’s never even the slightest appearance of impropriety with regards to his marriage. To achieve such a feat, Pence reportedly won’t have dinner alone with a woman who is not his wife; he also won’t attend any events where alcohol is served unless Karen is by his side. Suddenly the “mother” makes a lot more sense.

Slate:

Pity the poor soul who tries to come between Vice President Mike Pence and his “mother,” or rather, his wife, Karen. Thick as prayer-loving, Bible-studying thieves, the two are so close “you can’t get a dime between them,” as one official is quoted saying in the Washington Post’s new piece on the beguiling second lady, published Tuesday… You’ve likely already heard about him allegedly calling her mother,the gold cross engraved with the word “Yes,” and the hollowed-out bread proposal… The article cited a 2002 story in the Hill in which Mike Pence said that “he never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won’t attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side, either.” … this kind of thinking does point toward a pretty radically retrograde mindset on the part of its adherents, one that doesn’t respect women as humans with thoughts and skills to contribute but rather sees them primarily as sexual temptations… We knew that Trump’s administration is one of the most male-heavy in recent history. Now we know that may not be a coincidence, what with men at constant risk of temptation. All the art therapy in the world can’t fight man’s animal nature, apparently.

This_person

Left Goes Nuts Over Reports Pence Will Only Eat Alone With His Wife. As Opposed To Clinton, Who Would Only Eat Alone With Any Woman Who Wasn't.

So it turns out that Vice-President Mike Pence actually loves and respects his wife so much that he doesn’t want to place himself in a position that could reflect badly on his marriage, and that makes the Left nuts. A Washington Post profile of Karen Pence, who is an advocate for art therapy, mentioned a 2002 piece in The Hill that reported Mike Pence never ate alone with a woman other than his wife and that he would not attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side.

Cue the Leftists:

New York Magazine:

But thanks to a write-around profile of her in the Washington Post, we now know exactly how close she is to her husband. The answer? Very, very close. The two are almost always at each other’s side, and while Karen Pence has a rule against chiming in on public policy, she ultimately serves as the “gut check” and “prayer warrior” for the VP. For his part, Mike Pence is also very, very committed to ensuring that there’s never even the slightest appearance of impropriety with regards to his marriage. To achieve such a feat, Pence reportedly won’t have dinner alone with a woman who is not his wife; he also won’t attend any events where alcohol is served unless Karen is by his side. Suddenly the “mother” makes a lot more sense.

Slate:

Pity the poor soul who tries to come between Vice President Mike Pence and his “mother,” or rather, his wife, Karen. Thick as prayer-loving, Bible-studying thieves, the two are so close “you can’t get a dime between them,” as one official is quoted saying in the Washington Post’s new piece on the beguiling second lady, published Tuesday… You’ve likely already heard about him allegedly calling her mother,the gold cross engraved with the word “Yes,” and the hollowed-out bread proposal… The article cited a 2002 story in the Hill in which Mike Pence said that “he never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won’t attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side, either.” … this kind of thinking does point toward a pretty radically retrograde mindset on the part of its adherents, one that doesn’t respect women as humans with thoughts and skills to contribute but rather sees them primarily as sexual temptations… We knew that Trump’s administration is one of the most male-heavy in recent history. Now we know that may not be a coincidence, what with men at constant risk of temptation. All the art therapy in the world can’t fight man’s animal nature, apparently.

Wow, whoever wrote that Slate piece needs to get laid.

Hijinx

Wow, whoever wrote that Slate piece needs to get laid.

Trying to think of the last time I ate alone with a woman other than my wife.
I think it was with my sister. They would probably get real nasty over that.

What kind of freak write sh1t like this.
I also know a lot of people who call their wives "mother" Not my cup of tea, but who gives a damn?
This one is digging at the bottom of the barrel.

Clem72

Trying to think of the last time I ate alone with a woman other than my wife.
I think it was with my sister. They would probably get real nasty over that.

What kind of freak write sh1t like this.
I also know a lot of people who call their wives "mother" Not my cup of tea, but who gives a damn?
This one is digging at the bottom of the barrel.

The VP likely has more official / business meetings, and more lobbyist vying for his attention than you do so it probably comes up fairly often. His having a policy of not dining alone with women or drinking alcohol without his wife present seems to be a prudent way keep tabloids or others from embarrassing his wife by running exploit pieces with out of context pictures of him.

This_person

His having a policy of not dining alone with women or drinking alcohol without his wife present seems to be a prudent way keep tabloids or others from embarrassing his wife by running exploit pieces with out of context pictures of him.

:yay:

I think it is hilarious that the left views wanting to be close to one's spouse, and not be in a position of even the appearance of impropriety, is somehow a negative and patriarchal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The two women who wrote those stories for Slate and NYT are some seriously bitter, petty, jealous bitches - so much so that they can't even dial it back when it makes them look absurd. How on earth can you snark about a couple's strong marriage and commitment? And yet there it is.

Good grief.

Ok, but there is nothing about her eating or drinking with other men. I think he's a cuckold. And she's a dominatrix. And why hasn't the left already discovered this ?

:sarcasm:

nutz

Ok, but there is nothing about her eating or drinking with other men. I think he's a cuckold. And she's a dominatrix. And why hasn't the left already discovered this ?

:sarcasm:

I certainly missed that angle to the story. :lmao:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Pence is merely upholding his Christian convictions that a Christian should never, ever, place himself/herself in a position of possible compromise. For us normal guys and gals, we should do the same, but the consequences are not quite as serious as being hounded to death with what will be blatantly false allegations. Most of us could easily disprove or discredit false charges, and not have our reputations destroyed by a frenzied media looking for anything on the VP.

Kudo's to Pence.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Cue the Leftists:

New York Magazine:

Slate:

Not directed at you GURPS, but why is this "news"? Does anybody really give two ***ts who the VP eats dinner with??

This_person

Not directed at you GURPS, but why is this "news"? Does anybody really give two ***ts who the VP eats dinner with??

The writers care because they're used to seeing marriage as a business arrangement, not a team of two people who love and support one another unconditionally. If he ate with whomever, it would not be a story. He has determined what his principles are, and principles are the enemy of the left, so.....they care.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This is one of those stories that says more about the writers than it does about the subject.

black dog

Free America
Pence is merely upholding his Christian convictions that a Christian should never, ever, place himself/herself in a position of possible compromise. For us normal guys and gals, we should do the same, but the consequences are not quite as serious as being hounded to death with what will be blatantly false allegations. Most of us could easily disprove or discredit false charges, and not have our reputations destroyed by a frenzied media looking for anything on the VP.

Kudo's to Pence.

Rumor for years out here in Indiana is when Mr Pence was in 3rd grade he pulled a girls hair.