Overnight Kennel Boarding!

DTP

Ok so maybe this is just my opinion but a life is a life whether a dog, cat, fish, bird, squirrel or mouse. I am completely appalled over some of the safety codes in this county or should I say lack of safety codes to protect our beloved pets. I cannot comprehend how a kennel like Pawtuxent Bed and Biscuit is allowed to operate housing dogs and cats overnight with no attendant, no sprinkler system and no onsite owners? So in other words, at 3 am if a fire breaks out, the house where the dogs and cats are kept can go up in flames and there is no required sprinkler system to try and contain it, no live humans around to try and get the animals out or even make an emergency call and that's perfectly fine in this county. WTF!! Not my pets, sorry!! Kudos to Indian Bridge Kennel and Suites and Chesapeake Pet Resort for having enough caring and common sense to protect your property and the beloved animals we as patrons entrust you with for being responsible on site owners. Safety codes or not, I believe if I had lives and a business to protect I would take precautions whether I was required to do so or not. By the time fire responders could get there it seems to me there would already be loss of animal lives. So if you love your pets as much as I do and want the peace of mind of knowing you have them in a safe, loving environment, just take the time to ask questions, tour the properties, find out about their safety provisions and just use your best judgement. Of course this is just my opinion and just in reference to overnight boarding and not doggie daycare during working hrs while employees are there. Hopefully going forward animal rights could put forth laws that fire safety sprinkles would be a requirement in all kennels, until then just beware. Thanks!!

black dog

Free America
Ok so maybe this is just my opinion but a life is a life whether a dog, cat, fish, bird, squirrel or mouse. I am completely appalled over some of the safety codes in this county or should I say lack of safety codes to protect our beloved pets. I cannot comprehend how a kennel like Pawtuxent Bed and Biscuit is allowed to operate housing dogs and cats overnight with no attendant, no sprinkler system and no onsite owners? So in other words, at 3 am if a fire breaks out, the house where the dogs and cats are kept can go up in flames and there is no required sprinkler system to try and contain it, no live humans around to try and get the animals out or even make an emergency call and that's perfectly fine in this county. WTF!! Not my pets, sorry!! Kudos to Indian Bridge Kennel and Suites and Chesapeake Pet Resort for having enough caring and common sense to protect your property and the beloved animals we as patrons entrust you with for being responsible on site owners. Safety codes or not, I believe if I had lives and a business to protect I would take precautions whether I was required to do so or not. By the time fire responders could get there it seems to me there would already be loss of animal lives. So if you love your pets as much as I do and want the peace of mind of knowing you have them in a safe, loving environment, just take the time to ask questions, tour the properties, find out about their safety provisions and just use your best judgement. Of course this is just my opinion and just in reference to overnight boarding and not doggie daycare during working hrs while employees are there. Hopefully going forward animal rights could put forth laws that fire safety sprinkles would be a requirement in all kennels, until then just beware. Thanks!!

Ahhhhhh. Perhaps Troll, because they are animals and not people.
Does your house have a sprinkler system? Do you not go out for the evening or overnight and leave the animals alone?

DTP

As a matter of fact, Black Dog, my house does have a sprinkler system, it is fire code, moron, that is unless you live in a house built in 1925. And NO, I do "not" go out for the evening or overnight and leave my dogs home alone. I can only assume that your not a pet person and the "Dog" in your user name is because you actually are one!

black dog

Free America
As a matter of fact, Black Dog, my house does have a sprinkler system, it is fire code, moron, that is unless you live in a house built in 1925. And NO, I do "not" go out for the evening or overnight and leave my dogs home alone. I can only assume that your not a pet person and the "Dog" in your user name is because you actually are one!

Then Troll , I would say if you live in Maryland depending on County your home is newer than 1996, And if I remember correctly PG was the first and then more southern countys. And depending on what county 2004 or in the recent few years. The yast majority of homes and businesses do NOT have fire sprinkler systems installed.
In the building trades this still a new thing here, it cost can be from 6 to 20,000+ dollars depending on if the home has well or city water and the required sq ft for a holding tank and sprinkler pump assy if needed.
And my dog you ask? I have medium sized Chesapeake, he lives in the yard or on the farm when we are there but when I'm out for the evening a cutie pie of a HS track runner swings by and takes him out of his horrible prison ( a 8' X 20' kennel with half concrete half sawdust ) I keep him in and he goes for a extended run and a swim in the river in town for a cool off at the end of the run.
Then she runs him to the A&W stand for a soft serve and then about a half mile walk back to drop him off.

Last edited:

mitzi

Then Troll , I would say if you live in Maryland depending on County your home is newer than 1996, And if I remember correctly PG was the first and then more southern countys. And depending on what county 2004 or in the recent few years. The yast majority of homes and businesses do NOT have fire sprinkler systems installed.
In the building trades this still a new thing here, it cost can be from 6 to 20,000+ dollars depending on if the home has well or city water and the required sq ft for a holding tank and sprinkler pump assy if needed.
And my dog you ask? I have medium sized Chesapeake, he lives in the yard or on the farm when we are there but when I'm out for the evening a cutie pie of a HS track runner swings by and takes him out of his horrible prison ( a 8' X 20' kennel with half concrete half sawdust ) I keep him in and he goes for a extended run and a swim in the river in town for a cool off at the end of the run.
Then she runs him to the A&W stand for a soft serve and then about a half mile walk back to drop him off.

Nice, she gets to relax laying in sawdust.

black dog

Free America
Geepers.. sawdust is for pooping... Concrete or the rubber stall mat is for relaxing.
Wintertime is spent curled up next to the woodstove. Unless it's time to hunt.
He's got a great happy life, four to five people sneaking him snacks when I'm not looking, daily runs with me or the girl down the street, the elderly neighbor that feeds him dogie sauages so his farts really stink, a endless supply of tennis balls, huge farm to run on the weekends, food that's a few bucks a pound.. what a $hitty life he has. his ass has it made.
It's a dog not a kid. And I'm a horrible dog owner.

Edit,,,,,,, and as long as the kids not with me he gets to ride in the front seat of the dually with his own window that goes down all the way.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Lol... He's never pooped or pee'd in the house unlike others. But Gordie has something to show you. [video=youtube_share;OzLsWArI-6A]https://youtu.be/OzLsWArI-6A[/video]

Blow it out your nose, bd, and give it up. I wasn't replying to you. You are such a narcissist. :killingme:

bd.gif

Slam, dunk moment. Love it!

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

I don't know about a sprinkler system at Interlude in St. Leonard. It never occurred to me to look. But, they are an excellent pet place. We used them for 20 years, until we moved. Highly recommend.

https://www.interludepetresort.com/

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hey Wackadoodie, try to keep up. She is nothing more than a Troll against Pawtuxent Bed and Biscuit. This thread was her first and second post.

First, it is telling of your character that you have to call me names. Second, a newbie has to start somewhere. And, third but not last, you, actually, have the nerve to call some else a troll? You are a hoot, and a half! bd.gif

I just found a flaw in your argument in this thread. Quoting you. "Ahhhhhh. Perhaps Troll, because they are animals and not people."

And, now you are all about the dog, and what a great life he/she has; riding shotgun and all; with the window open. Do you think that is safe? Do you put your pup in the seatbelt?

Story. When we first got out pups from Tri County back in the day, I was driving down Williams Wharf with the windows open. There was a dog on the side of the road, and both of my dogs jumped out the window when I was going 30 mph. I was lucky no dogs were hurt. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Wackadoodie, I didn't bring home a mixed breed animal. I bought a dog with known bloodline.
It seems you are the one that brings home stupid inbread animals and then doesn't spend enough time properly training them. My Chesie doesn't use the house as a toilet nor the car window as a springboard as a exit when stopped much less when underway.
I can only think about the other horrible and bad behavior ( excessive barking, jumping on people, running through the the house tearing up the furniture, not listening to commands ) your dogs have. I'm sure your neighborhood loves you and your dogs.
I'm quite sure they want you to move back to Calvert also.

mitzi

Wackadoodie, I didn't bring home a mixed breed animal. I bought a dog with known bloodline.
It seems you are the one that brings home stupid inbread animals and then doesn't spend enough time properly training them. My Chesie doesn't use the house as a toilet nor the car window as a springboard as a exit when stopped much less when underway.
I can only think about the other horrible and bad behavior ( excessive barking, jumping on people, running through the the house tearing up the furniture, not listening to commands ) your dogs have. I'm sure your neighborhood loves you and your dogs.
I'm quite sure they want you to move back to Calvert also.

I've never heard of inbread dogs. Is that similar to being inbred?