Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" President Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has reportedly told the FBI that he is willing to testify in the investigation of the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia, in exchange for immunity from prosecution, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Flynn resigned in February, after it was reported that he misled White House staff on his interactions with Russia and had discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak ahead of President Trump's inauguration.

The Journal reported that the FBI and the House and Senate Intelligence committees that are investigating Russia's attempts to interfere in the U.S. election have not taken his lawyers up on the offer. "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326639-flynn-offers-to-testify-on-russia-ties-in-exchange-for-immunity

Hijinx

" President Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has reportedly told the FBI that he is willing to testify in the investigation of the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia, in exchange for immunity from prosecution, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Flynn resigned in February, after it was reported that he misled White House staff on his interactions with Russia and had discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak ahead of President Trump's inauguration.

The Journal reported that the FBI and the House and Senate Intelligence committees that are investigating Russia's attempts to interfere in the U.S. election have not taken his lawyers up on the offer. "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326639-flynn-offers-to-testify-on-russia-ties-in-exchange-for-immunity

Gee maybe this could put an end to the Russian BS. The Congress doesn't want that.

Chris0nllyn

So why would he ask for immunity if it is just BS??

Insurance policy?

I sure as hell wouldn't expect the government to make and abide by a deal held together by a handshake.

As his lawyer said:
No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution.

Of course, Flynn also said this when talking about Clinton:
I mean, five people around her have had, have been given immunity, to include her former Chief of Staff. When you are given immunity, that means that you have probably committed a crime.

Last edited:

Hijinx

So why would he ask for immunity if it is just BS??

No reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch-hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution.

I think that pretty much covers it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
because they/he were/is guilty and trying to cover soemthing up? makes sense to me

Or they were not going to enter a radioactive political environment without some protection. Call it "bus roll over insurance" . Makes sense to me too. ;-)

Midnightrider

Or they were not going to enter a radioactive political environment without some protection. Call it "bus roll over insurance" . Makes sense to me too. ;-)
yeah, i am sure thats exactly what you were saying about hillary's team when they were taking the 5th :bigwhoop:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Sure thing.

Give him a little o' this and he'll shut up.

Oh SNAP!.png

SamSpade

I have to think this is going nowhere. It doesn't make sense that this guy suddenly has this need to spill the beans.
My guess is he's bluffing.

Midnightrider

I have to think this is going nowhere. It doesn't make sense that this guy suddenly has this need to spill the beans.
My guess is he's bluffing.
What would be the point of Flynn bluffing? What would he have to gain if he hasn't done anything illegal?

Wishbone

What would be the point of Flynn bluffing? What would he have to gain if he hasn't done anything illegal?

Keep the leftist schmucks and harpies running, screaming, crying and stamping their feet for 3 more years.

Get em all worked up... Rubbing their paws together, licking their lips... Then............. Nadda.

SamSpade

Get them off his back? When the government wants to mess with you, they can drag stuff out, threaten to drag your family, your friends, drain your money in endless and ultimately fruitless efforts - and when you're exonerated, you're ruined. You can be totally innocent of any wrongdoing - and you don't go to jail - but your life is over.

I think he's trying to forestall any of that.

Midnightrider

Get them off his back? When the government wants to mess with you, they can drag stuff out, threaten to drag your family, your friends, drain your money in endless and ultimately fruitless efforts - and when you're exonerated, you're ruined. You can be totally innocent of any wrongdoing - and you don't go to jail - but your life is over.

I think he's trying to forestall any of that.

The only thing on you list that immunity would protect him from is going to jail, and that's your exception.....