Teen Takes Police on High Speed Chase in Calvert; Wrecks

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Teen Takes Police on High Speed Chase in Calvert; Wrecks

Date: 03-31-2017 10:38 AM

Summary: Victim in second vehicle sent to hospital with minor injuries; Suspect in stable condition.

Click here for the full story...

glhs837

Power with Control
You cannot outrun a police car in a Honda automobile.

Sure you can, just not that one. Pretty sure a properly driven S2000 could get away from virtually any police car, barring one of the show cars they take from drug dealers and paint up. And if you widen it to Acura, then of course, the NSX.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This was a MESS of an accident. Took out a telephone pole, tied up traffic for hours. Crazy-a** people.

black dog

Free America
Sure you can, just not that one. Pretty sure a properly driven S2000 could get away from virtually any police car, barring one of the show cars they take from drug dealers and paint up. And if you widen it to Acura, then of course, the NSX.

You occasionally may, but that Motorola is hard to beat.

glhs837

Power with Control
You occasionally may, but that Motorola is hard to beat.

He did say "police car". Most folks dont understand that that whole "Cop motor" thing went away a long time ago, and that once you load them down with radios and computers and such, they are not really that fast. But they do have radios and lots of buddies.

black dog

Free America
He did say "police car". Most folks dont understand that that whole "Cop motor" thing went away a long time ago, and that once you load them down with radios and computers and such, they are not really that fast. But they do have radios and lots of buddies.

LOL.. How fast is fast?
How fast is a Police car?
So, now we know that the fastest cop car to hit 60 MPH and 100 MPH is the 3.7-liter AWD Ford Interceptor Sedan. It's 150 MPH top speed was matched by the 5.7-liter Chargers and the 3.6-liter, front-wheel drive Impala, but the winner of top speed goes to the 6.0-liter, rear-wheel drive Chevy Caprice at 155 MPH.Dec 1, 2015

Interceptor would be the " Police Package "

Hijinx

LOL.. How fast is fast?
How fast is a Police car?
So, now we know that the fastest cop car to hit 60 MPH and 100 MPH is the 3.7-liter AWD Ford Interceptor Sedan. It's 150 MPH top speed was matched by the 5.7-liter Chargers and the 3.6-liter, front-wheel drive Impala, but the winner of top speed goes to the 6.0-liter, rear-wheel drive Chevy Caprice at 155 MPH.Dec 1, 2015

Interceptor would be the " Police Package "

Cop suspension and cop tires add to their road hugging ability

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, I did not say police packages don't exist, but that there are no special police motors. The Interceptor isn't any faster than the SHO, and the Charger isn't any quicker than an RT, and far slower than a Track Pack or SRT, while the Chevy is the same motor that you can buy in the SS.A stock Mustang GT could outrun any of them.

black dog

Free America
Well, I did not say police packages don't exist, but that there are no special police motors. The Interceptor isn't any faster than the SHO, and the Charger isn't any quicker than an RT, and far slower than a Track Pack or SRT, while the Chevy is the same motor that you can buy in the SS.A stock Mustang GT could outrun any of them.

It makes no difference, none of them can go faster than the speed of light.
A Motorola still can.

glhs837

Power with Control
[/COLOR]

It makes no difference, none of them can go faster than the speed of light.
A Motorola still can.

But of course. I never said otherwise. The original point was that you can't out run a police car. You can, but it's much harder to out run the police. And of course I'm not advocating trying.

edinsomd

Can't say if I have or haven't, but if I have, it may have involved a 900cc motorcycle, and complete knowledge of the local roads.

If I had, of course.

:whistle:

Hijinx

Can't say if I have or haven't, but if I have, it may have involved a 900cc motorcycle, and complete knowledge of the local roads.

If I had, of course.

:whistle:

Most times they will not even start chasing a 900 cc motorcycle, once they confirm it isn't going to stop.
First they cannot reach the speeds nor go through the traffic and 2nd. because if the motorcyclist kills him/herself the cops will get blamed for it.