ISO Information What's up with World's Gym?

steppinthrax

So I've gotten a membership a few weeks ago. I've either been going to the PF or Owings location, my wife has been going there for 2 years. I've noticed they have been either increasing their prices and/or cutting their services. They increased the daycare by $10.00 more dollars a month. They sent an email today indicating they are cutting their Alloy Personal Training Program!!!! They also cut their daycare hours shorter. So it's like they are offering less and increasing the prices!!!

nobody really

I need a nap
So I've gotten a membership a few weeks ago. I've either been going to the PF or Owings location, my wife has been going there for 2 years. I've noticed they have been either increasing their prices and/or cutting their services. They increased the daycare by $10.00 more dollars a month. They sent an email today indicating they are cutting their Alloy Personal Training Program!!!! They also cut their daycare hours shorter. So it's like they are offering less and increasing the prices!!!

they are going downhill....I also heard they are cutting spin classes. I guess customer satisfaction doesn't matter when you're the only game in town. Hell, they didn't even have running water for a few months late last year and that didn't stop them from remaining open.

steppinthrax

they are going downhill....I also heard they are cutting spin classes. I guess customer satisfaction doesn't matter when you're the only game in town. Hell, they didn't even have running water for a few months late last year and that didn't stop them from remaining open.

:hot:
Spin classes!!!!! I haven't had a chance to go to one yet, I guess I should try to go to one or two before I can't go again. The crazy thing is planet fitness is like 20 a month and you generally get more. Hopefully they will be bought out. Or maybe they are in that process!

steppinthrax

Aren't their machines always broke?

The one in Owings sucks. The sauna seems to be turned down and operates on an analog timer. There is this huge pothole in the parking-lot. They use LifeFitness machines in Owings. The one in PF seems to be a lot better. I haven't really seen much broken machines?

TPD

the poor dad
Welcome to the world of higher minimum wages - increased prices, reduced services. Some of us tried to warn you but you wouldn't listen....

steppinthrax

Welcome to the world of higher minimum wages - increased prices, reduced services. Some of us tried to warn you but you wouldn't listen....

More like it's piss-poor management. I doubt min wage has much to do with it. Even if those wages increased the monthly membership fees had also increased.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

All business costs are increasing across the board. Maybe they got hit with a rent increase (That space I reckon is going for at least $12000 per month). Insurance increases. Maintenance cost increases. Every business is getting squeezed. Like anything, it's a numbers game. Don't bet that they are increasing costs and reducing services just to increase profit. It may be they are just trying to stay above water. And, one of the first things to go in a tight economy is discretionary spending, like gym memberships.

aneda

How many of your bills have gone up in the last 10 years everyone of mine have electric, rent, minimum wage going up again taxes insurance etc... where else can you get a babysitter for $20 a month for several hours a day as many times during the month as you want the use of 7 clubs one is 24 hours as far as broken equipment spare parts are not just laying around everything has to be ordered just like if something happens at your house stop and think about it I would say it's a pretty good deal

nobody really

I need a nap
How many of your bills have gone up in the last 10 years everyone of mine have electric, rent, minimum wage going up again taxes insurance etc... where else can you get a babysitter for $20 a month for several hours a day as many times during the month as you want the use of 7 clubs one is 24 hours as far as broken equipment spare parts are not just laying around everything has to be ordered just like if something happens at your house stop and think about it I would say it's a pretty good deal

are you smoking crack? no #### Sherlock, everything has gone up, but owings is a dump. period. I continue to go, because, you are right on one thing, they are the only game in town.

blacklabman

Run-on sentences are not your friend.