Gov. Hickenlooper weighs in on legal marijuana in Colorado

Chris0nllyn

I’d say in most circumstances, from most perspectives, our worst nightmares haven’t materialized.

We haven’t seen a spike in teenage use. We haven’t seen a giant increase in people’s consumption of marijuana. Seems like the people who were using marijuana before it was legal, still are. Seems like the people who weren’t using marijuana before it was legal, still aren’t.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/03/31/colorado-governor-john-hickenlooper-marijuana-2017/76411/

black dog

Free America
My brother's girlfriend is a real estate broker, she told me a few weeks ago with all the growing going on if you wanted to rent a warehouse in Denver you will not find one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This can not be. The weed, once legal, will make you smoke it. Make you lose your job. Crash your car. Engage in antisocial behavior, lose free will, wreck your health. Ruin your life.

Wait. That's alcohol.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My brother's girlfriend is a real estate broker, she told me a few weeks ago with all the growing going on if you wanted to rent a warehouse in Denver you will not find one.

Only people who wanna lose money grow in warehouses anymore. It's coming of age and out of hiding, obviously, and that means greenhouses. Most of the groups in maryland are in warehouses and the three groups I know who are in greenhouses will either own the whole market or the state will come in to rescue the folks who chose to grow plants in a ####ing warehouse.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Only people who wanna lose money grow in warehouses anymore.

Colorado is known for its snow, cold and high winds in the winter. I don't suppose that would have some bearing on whether or not to grow in a warehouse.

black dog

Free America
Colorado is known for its snow, cold and high winds in the winter. I don't suppose that would have some bearing on whether or not to grow in a warehouse.

Not just the ease of environmental control, maybe a warehouse is easier to secure millions of dollars of weed than a plastic walled greenhouse behind a fence.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Greenhouses are heated, built for wind and snow load and....to grow things.

Ask yourself how likely someone is to steal a big ass bush.

black dog

Free America

Here's a newspaper article from a few years ago,
http://www.denverpost.com/2014/03/1...short-supply-as-demand-for-legal-weed-surges/

I just spoke to my brother and he told me that the Largest Seller / Grower in Colorado was The Medicine Man, and his growing operation was all inside in a warehouse near the Denver Airport.
If it's the wrong way to do it, why do so many seem to be doing it? Why is indoor space so hard to find and has gotten so expensive.
This is not 3 dollar one gallon plants.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

In the early 80s I knew someone with 10-12 6-8 foot plants stolen in broad daylight. A known lowlife hacked them down, shoved them into the trunk of a Buick, and drove off unnoticed. This was before sensimillia was widely available, so he got himself quite a prize. Big ass bushes compact very readily.

With a cargo van and a band of Orcs, I can see a terrible hurt put on a grower in very little time. An indoor grow is a completely controlled grow, yielding maximum harvests. :peace: