Pistol range targets

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Looking for ideas for the best targets for a 50 & 100 foot range. Shooting a .22 pistol. I'm looking to improve my grouping.

black dog

Free America
OK, what I suggested are standard Bullseye targets, they are inexpensive and easy to find. I bought my son a P22 when they first came out. He has shot the piss out of it. His tends to like Federal automatch 22's and a few other standard velocity ammo. While not a true target pistol it will do well at 25' I'm sure, your 92 will do even better.
Time spent behind the pistols along with dry firing tend to make for a better shooter.

black dog

Free America
One of the clubs I shoot at, two brothers print out " battleship " targets and they compete with each other when they shoot.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
One of the clubs I shoot at, two brothers print out " battleship " targets and they compete with each other when they shoot.
I've watched two people try that… WWII didn't take that long.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Define 'best' target and 'more proficient '.

I don't care how long you've been shooting, if you're asking these types of questions, a check up is in order. Find a basic pistol instructor at the range and make friends, ask him or her to run you through the basics as though you're a noob. Stance, grip, sight alignment, trigger control. Unless you shoot all the time, these can wander a bit, like any skill.

Most people fire way too many rounds and simply groove bad habits so, I think it worth the above check up.

From there, what's the goal, home or rv defense? For that, handling guns often around the home creates comfort level and muscle memory for that 3 am emergency.

If you wanna just get better, paper plates and duct tape or push pins are cheap and good for the job.
As I say, unless you're trying to get really good, most fire too many rounds. Shoot groups of three and, at that range, shoot the plate center of mass at first and as you get dialed in shoot quadrants. Try and see and feel each shot, feel the trigger break. In no time, you'll know where each went, hi, lo, l or r. In my view, solid basics equals solid shooting.

ShyGirl

I use paper plates. I think it is easier to see where your bullets hit from afar. If you think you are real good, use dessert-sized paper plates. =)

Pictures of someone you hate? Like an Ex ? Talk about motivation for accuracy. An 8x10 from your home printer will do fine.

black dog

Free America
After mowing hedgerows all day it was time for a little relaxation. A few mags full out of one or my S&W mod 41's at 25 yds and all is well in my world. The 7" compensated barrel on top is set up for 50 yd Bullseye.
I was shooting the 5 " barrel.
View attachment 118671