VA retaliation against whistleblower: doctor kept in empty room

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
VA retaliation against whistleblower: doctor kept in empty room

A double board certified physician and Yale University fellow, Klein said the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) took away his patients and privileges almost a year ago after, he alleges, he blew the whistle on secret wait-lists and wait-time manipulation at the V.A. in Poplar Bluff, Mo., as well as his suspicion that some veterans were reselling their prescriptions on the black market.

When his superiors did nothing, Klein went to the inspector general.

“Immediately after the V.A. found out I made these disclosures, I started to get retaliated against,” Klein said.

Klein was initially placed on administrative leave. The Missouri-V.A. closed his pain management clinic and tried to terminate him. According to court documents, the V.A. tried to fire Klein “not based on substandard care or lack of clinical competence” but instead for “consistent acceleration of trivial matters through his chain of command.”

“I do not consider secret wait-lists and manipulations of wait times to be trivial matters,” Klein said.

The Office of Special Counsel, an independent federal investigative agency in Washington, D.C., made it clear that since the doctor was a whistleblower, he could not be fired. But Klein said the retaliation continued and believes his superiors stripped him of his duties to silence him.

and progressives want the GOV to provide HC for everyone

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If the Veterans Administration keeps him locked up, not seeing patients or performing surgery, they will be able to terminate his contract because he does not maintain currency as a surgeon. It's gonna cost about half a million$ of wasted salary but it is effective and professionally supportable.