Md. Could Expand Options to Treat Addiction Remotely

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Md. Could Expand Options to Treat Addiction Remotely

Date: 04-01-2017 12:55 PM

Summary: A bill that could expand telemedicine to include counseling for substance abuse disorders, which could help thwart the ballooning heroin-opioid epidemic in the state, is advancing in the General Assembly.

Click here for the full story...

Hijinx

This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Md. Could Expand Options to Treat Addiction Remotely

Date: 04-01-2017 12:55 PM

Summary: A bill that could expand telemedicine to include counseling for substance abuse disorders, which could help thwart the ballooning heroin-opioid epidemic in the state, is advancing in the General Assembly.

Click here for the full story...

Telephoning addicts. Great idea. LMAO.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Maybe if they, (all the alphabet soup agencies) stopped the importation of heroin, that would "thwart the ballooning heroin-opioid epidemic in the state", and country? I wonder if the bumper crops of the opium poppy in Afghanistan, and elsewhere, has anything to do the the bumper crop of opium addictions going on here in this country? Hummmmmmmmm

Hijinx

If I may ...

Maybe if they, (all the alphabet soup agencies) stopped the importation of heroin, that would "thwart the ballooning heroin-opioid epidemic in the state", and country? I wonder if the bumper crops of the opium poppy in Afghanistan, and elsewhere, has anything to do the the bumper crop of opium addictions going on here in this country? Hummmmmmmmm

No war has even been fought on drugs. It's BS. When a war is fought we will take drones and destroy the poppy fields, the processing plants and the farmers if necessary.
That's the way wars are fought. Feeling sorry for poppy growers in Afghanistan because they do not have any other cash crop is BS. They took tobacco from Md farmers, and gave them subsidies for 10 years. It could be done in Afghanistan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If I may ...

Of course it does. Our handling of things in A'stan should be a national scandal. A'stan needs opium production for cash to rebuild. It's a great crop for there and, obviously, it earns serious dough. In the internal politics of the place, it can't be discounted in terms of gaining cooperation. I know a couple of guys who served over there who feel like their undeclared role was, basically, to help protect poppy fields. It could have been to protect the locals corn or factory or what have you so, I get it. But, it wasn't. It's opium. It's also turned into morphine locally for practical reasons. From there it needs to go to better facilities to become heroin so, we're protecting a business chain supply line and helping poison our own kids.

It's not 'bumper' crops. It grows great in A'stan, year after year. We've simply provided the stability for the market to expand.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If any of you reactionary jack asses know anyone who has been in AA or helps with it, you know communication is key, is critical in helping people.

"Counseling is a critical component of the recovery process, and works hand in hand with medication-assisted treatment," wrote the Community Behavioral Health Association of Maryland in testimony in support of the bill. "This bill would help ensure the most efficient use of clinicians who are paneled with commercial (health insurance) carriers by allowing them to deliver counseling services through telehealth."

But, hey, you wouldn't be reactionary jack asses if you actually took the time to educate yourselves. :buddies:

black dog

Free America
If any of you reactionary jack asses know anyone who has been in AA or helps with it, you know communication is key, is critical in helping people.

But, hey, you wouldn't be reactionary jack asses if you actually took the time to educate yourselves. :buddies:

You should take your own advice. How's business again?