Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Corps' quest for the best rifle for infantrymen

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I'd still prefer 5.56 to 9mm in an urban setting. Lotta walls to shoot through sometimes and not because 5.56 is ideal for that but it is better than 9mm. yeah or nay?
    I don't know, there are definitely advantages to the 9mm. Check out this video of a 9mm vs ballistics gel. http://i.imgur.com/y3rsxDJ.gifv

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    I don't know, there are definitely advantages to the 9mm. Check out this video of a 9mm vs ballistics gel. http://i.imgur.com/y3rsxDJ.gifv
    True, there are times when you merely may want to stun the target. Hadn't really thought of that.

ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    The kinetic transfer of energy was very high...

Penetration no so much.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Well, as an M60 gunner I carried 500 rounds of 7.62 while my assistant gunner carried an additional 500 rounds (or more) plus the spare barrel.

Combat load for an infantryman is 180 rounds (6 30 round magazines), so 500 - 1000 rounds v 180...

Wouldn't be too much to ask (if you have a 7.62 Automatic Rifle) for others to share the load as well.. like they do with a Man Portable Mortar.. Everyone short of the RTO and Medic each carry 2 rounds or more.

AND like somebody mentioned above.. what's the weight difference between an AR-15 and an AR-10??
    Well Bob, my post really had nothing to do with the amount that a ground pounder carry's.
    My point was there is a huge difference in weight between 5.56 and 7.62 ammunition.
    How did you carry that 500 rounds of belted ammo? In 100 Rd cardboard bandos, plain belts, in cans? What model of Pig did you carry?
    Just curious, that's a good load along with a full Alice.

Weights between the two, A M4 comes in under 8 lbs if I remember correctly without optics and ammo.
    With a AR10 you easily can add 2 to 5 lbs without optics and ammo depending on model of rifle.
    Last edited by black dog; 04-05-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.