Thread: Tony Romo retiring

Tony Romo retiring

It's been interesting as all the reporting was about where he'd go and why, to win a super bowl. I was thinking two months ago, and didn't write it, the smartest move was to stay right where he was, in Dallas. Negotiate something he and Jerry could live with, $10 mil or so, to be the back up. Dak is like every other player in the league, one play from end of season. Who better to grab the reigns then than Romo?

Either that or retire. NO one switches teams and wins the super bowl the next season. Anywhere he went would be a weaker O line and lesser skill people not to mention new team mates, coaches and systems.

I'll believe he's retired when he actually is sitting in a booth calling a regular season game. In the mean time, I still think being Dak's back up is the way to go.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    He auditioned for a TV color analyst job but he popped a vocal cord. He'll be sidelined 2 months.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Dak is like every other player in the league, one play from end of season. Who better to grab the reigns then than Romo?
    Cheaper for Jerry this way..Dak gets hurt, Tony un-retires and leaves the broadcast booth and rides in on his white horse to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Cheaper for Jerry this way..Dak gets hurt, Tony un-retires and leaves the broadcast booth and rides in on his white horse to save the day.
    Maybe. OR Dak gets hurt, Tony sticks his hand out OR someone else somewhere else gets hurt and Tony jumps on his horse (falls off, cracks a vertebrae or breaks his collarbone, saves Redskins fans season).
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

To me, the smart play is to come to a reasonable deal. Tony, as is, is $24 mil or so, something like $10 mil prorated and $14 salary. I don't know all the ins and outs but, hell, sign him for a dollar if you can't get out of the prorated hit (IIRC) and he still makes $10 mil or so to hold a clip board, STAY current, mentor Dak, AND be there, in shape, ready to go all season long.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    I thought he retired 3 or 4 years ago.. who knew?
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 26