Local Hotels?

tastycake

A friend of mine's daughter is getting married and her reception is at Bowles Farm. They are from Charles County and asked me if there were any reputable hotels near that Farm. I am not sure what is in Leonardtown and wanted to get some opinions. The only option may be California/Lexington Park. TIA for any suggestions, I appreciate it

Last edited:
A friend of mine's daughter is getting married and her reception is at Bowles Farm. They are from Charles County and asked me if there were any reputable hotels near that Farm. I am not sure what is in Leonardtown and wanted to get some opinions. The only option may be California/Lexington Park. TIA for any suggestions, I appreciate it
There is a practically new hotel in the downtown square of Leonardtown...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Execu...el+Leonardtown"&FORM=BWTSCR&crslsl=0&efirst=1

The next closest hotel would be the new one next to BJs wholesale, can't think of the name... I'm hoping someone can chime in.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There's Island Inn and Suites on St. George's Island...if they want something more on the very scenic end of the spectrum but a bit farther away. Their rates are great this time of year..not so great in the summer months though.

DEEKAYPEE8569

There is a practically new hotel in the downtown square of Leonardtown...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Execu...el+Leonardtown"&FORM=BWTSCR&crslsl=0&efirst=1

The next closest hotel would be the new one next to BJs wholesale, can't think of the name... I'm hoping someone can chime in.
There are a couple of them. Red Roof Inn first comes to mind.

Well here:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=hotels+California+MD&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

There are a couple near BJ's.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

The one in Leonardtown is practically brand new and there are some restaurants and bars within walking distance to the hotel.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The one in Leonardtown is practically brand new and there are some restaurants and bars within walking distance to the hotel.

It's not brand new, it's been there for several years, in fact the other day I was questioning if it was still open. Not sure how much business it gets.

Unfortunately most of the hotels are along 235 from LP to California.
I would not recommend either the A&E or the old Days Inn. There is a new hotel on 235 just north of the old Days Inn.
A Home 2 Suites by Hilton and a Fairfield Inn (Marriott) south of Pegg Rd.
The Hampton Inn just north of Pegg Rd.
There is the Town? Suites by Marriott behind the WaWa off Rue Purchase Rd.
I've not stayed in the Extended Stay place, but I had an instructor who did and SHE did not have kind things to say.
The La Quinta (old Pax Inn) doesn't seem to bad, I would however not recommend the Super 8.
You got the Country Inn & Suites behind BJ's. Friend stayed there and I didn't hear any complaints.
I did get negative feedback on the Red Roof Inn.
Personally not a huge fan of RRI, not had good experience with the brand.

Then you have the Hilton Garden and Holiday Inn in Solomons as well as the one behind Calvert Marine Museum

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Motel = Drive up and park in front of your room door.
Hotel = Enter in lobby and your room door is IN the building

Thank you. But, that's it? Really? I kinda always thought of a hotel as some swanky, with a bellhop, fine dinning close to the lobby, concierge dude or gal, type place. But it seems it just all down to building design then, huh?

General Lee

If I may ...

Thank you. But, that's it? Really? I kinda always thought of a hotel as some swanky, with a bellhop, fine dinning close to the lobby, concierge dude or gal, type place. But it seems it just all down to building design then, huh?

That is it. You are correct in your thoughts about a hotel, BUT it depends on the brand and image of that hotel and what services they offer.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Motel = Drive up and park in front of your room door.

Hotel = Enter in lobby and your room door is IN the building

By that definition Motel 6 is a Hotel

You would be correct if this was the early 20th century. The automobile created the Motor Hotel, or Motel. They were for the convenience of the weary traveler. A place to park your car and rest for the night.

Then we started to take the family on vacation and the motel became part of the destination, no longer a single night. So they added a swimming pool. Then an on site restaurant.

Conversely the places one might consider the swanky hotel is few and far between, cost cutting measures.

ltown81

The one in Leonardtown is not bad at all. I would say it is 5-6 years old. We have put people in town on business there with no issues. I think it is struggling some..as do a lot of Leonardtown businesses.

acommondisaster

Might want to check VRBO or airbnb for rentals. We find ourselves using owner rentals more than hotels these days. Got ourselves a sweet lil apartment walking distance from Fenway this summer. Rented a townhouse for all of us last summer for a wedding in Delaware Water Gap.

officeguy

By that definition Motel 6 is a Hotel

So are many Super8s, only few of the drive up type left. The level of service is what makes something a hotel in my book. A Courtyard or Hampton with on-site restaurant is definitely a hotel. A Super8 is a motel no matter how you walk into your room.

Potomac

I've heard that the hotel in L'town closed. Its a shame because I had heard good things about it and the location is great. When you are out in the Clements/Chaptico area it sure is nice having a hotel in Leonardtown rather than having to go further to LP

I've also had great luck with VRBO in various locations.

beamher

I don't think I saw anyone mention the new Holiday Inn Express right behind the restaurants on 235; across from Target

red_explorer

Bf and I went to Fairfield Inn a few weeks ago,
to celebrate his birthday, and give me a break from caretaking. We were extremely impressed! Even splurged on a room with a hot tub. It was spotless, freshly renovated, and so incredibly nice. We were also very impressed with their breakfast. Very nice!!! We will definitely be going back.

It's not brand new, it's been there for several years, in fact the other day I was questioning if it was still open. Not sure how much business it gets.

Unfortunately most of the hotels are along 235 from LP to California.
I would not recommend either the A&E or the old Days Inn. There is a new hotel on 235 just north of the old Days Inn.
A Home 2 Suites by Hilton and a Fairfield Inn (Marriott) south of Pegg Rd.
The Hampton Inn just north of Pegg Rd.
There is the Town? Suites by Marriott behind the WaWa off Rue Purchase Rd.
I've not stayed in the Extended Stay place, but I had an instructor who did and SHE did not have kind things to say.
The La Quinta (old Pax Inn) doesn't seem to bad, I would however not recommend the Super 8.
You got the Country Inn & Suites behind BJ's. Friend stayed there and I didn't hear any complaints.
I did get negative feedback on the Red Roof Inn.
Personally not a huge fan of RRI, not had good experience with the brand.

Then you have the Hilton Garden and Holiday Inn in Solomons as well as the one behind Calvert Marine Museum