Help please

mitzi

I'm not one for unloading my problems on the forum but I'm seeking help. Due to reasons beyond my control I may need to find a home for my little dog. This is not an easy decision. I will get into reasons if anyone is interested. I cannot give her to just anybody that is why I will not post an ad for fear she will end up with someone who won't take good care of her. If anyone can give me advice, help or steer me in a right direction I greatly appreciate it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
She's a 9 year old Havanese. I got her from somd classifieds when she was a year old.

So sorry, Mitzi. I know you are sad to give up your pup. I would take her in a heartbeat, but we have 2 labradoodles and a 14 mo. old granddot to chase after. There are many kind hearted people, and I am sure you will find a good home. Wishing you well in you quest. :huggy:

mitzi

Thank you. It's making me feel half sick. I can barely even look at her I feel so guilty.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:huggy: I'm sure it's a really hard decision to make. I wish you luck.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I had a Havanese, and she was, by far, my most favorite dog ever.

My heart goes out to you.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Mitzi, it is none of our biz why you have to give away your dog. We know you are a good person, and have good reason to have to do it. You have been on my mind ever since you posted. Everything happens for a reason, and it will work out. And, your dog knows you love her. :huggy:

I will keep bumping this thread for you.

Last edited:

mitzi

Mitzi, it is none of our biz why you have to give away your dog. We know you are a good person, and have good reason to have to do it. You have been on my mind ever since you posted. Everything happens for a reason, and it will work out. And, your dog knows you love her. :huggy:

I will keep bumping this thread for you.

I'm hoping maybe who seems like a nice person on here may want her. If not, can anyone recommend an agency who may help place her? Thank you for your kindness.

littlelady

God bless the USA
They are sweet little dogs. Most people haven't even heard of them. I hadn't when I adopted her.

I had never heard of that breed, so I looked it up. Very interesting history of such a cute dog!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=havanese&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

I just read the whole thing through. Our labradoodles love to perch on the back of furniture, too, and look out the window to announce visitors, or just people on the street. Just to be clear, we own Daisy, but now that we have moved to be near dot, we have inherited Toby (Daisy's bro) and Emerson, too (our granddot). They have a slight tendency to break their house training at times. That is why we now own a carpet cleaner. :lol: Dogs are dogs, and children are children. What is your pup's name? I am sure hearts on this forum are melting right now.

I, also, want to say that Daisy and Toby just turned two. They are an explosive bundle of energy when together. They never stop until they drop of exhaustion. I don't think that would be good for your 9 year old. I really wish I could take her.

Maybe this site will help you. https://www.petfinder.com/pet-care/giving-up-your-pet/

Last edited:

mitzi

I had never heard of that breed, so I looked it up. Very interesting history of such a cute dog!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=havanese&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

I just read the whole thing through. Our labradoodles love to perch on the back of furniture, too, and look out the window to announce visitors, or just people on the street. Just to be clear, we own Daisy, but now that we have moved to be near dot, we have inherited Toby (Daisy's bro) and Emerson, too (our granddot). They have a slight tendency to break their house training at times. That is why we now own a carpet cleaner. :lol: Dogs are dogs, and children are children. What is your pup's name? I am sure hearts on this forum are melting right now.

I, also, want to say that Daisy and Toby just turned two. They are an explosive bundle of energy when together. They never stop until they drop of exhaustion. I don't think that would be good for your 9 year old. I really wish I could take her.

Maybe this site will help you. https://www.petfinder.com/pet-care/giving-up-your-pet/

She gets running spurts every day. Runs 100 mph thru the house a few times. She's a great little companion.

mitzi

I found her a home. A friend of a friend's mother. I feel like a POS, but I believe it will be a good home and she'll be well taken care of.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I found her a home. A friend of a friend's mother. I feel like a POS, but I believe it will be a good home and she'll be well taken care of.

Please do not feel like a pos.
You did the right thing and you found a great home for your little buddy.

You did an AWESOME JOB!!!

littlelady

God bless the USA

That's great news! You shouldn't feel all POS. You, obviously, did it for good reason. I know you will miss her. You did more for her than some people would have done. I am sure you can visit her if you can deal with it. I know you loved having her for 8 years, and she knows it. Life is change. Believe me, I know. It's ok, mitzi. Big hug. :huggy:

Last edited:

mitzi

Please do not feel like a pos.
You did the right thing and you found a great home for your little buddy.

You did an AWESOME JOB!!!

Thanks! I've never had to give a pet away before and I've had many over the years. I'm just sad that I have to do this.

mitzi

That's great news! You shouldn't feel all POS. You, obviously, did it for good reason. I know you will miss her. You did more for her than some people would have done. I am sure you can visit her if you can deal with it. I know you loved having her for 8 years, and she knows it. Life is change. Believe me, I know. It's ok, mitzi. Big hug. :huggy:

I don't know the woman taking her. Her son is my friend's friend and he arranged it. Supposed to pick her up on Saturday. This is going to be hard but I am relieved it appears to be a good home and she'll have the one on one like she's had with me. Thanks again.