Nunes steps down

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"temporarily steeping aside" from one particular investigation gets twisted by Mr. Twisted in to "steps down".

Right.

Midnightrider

"temporarily steeping aside" from one particular investigation gets twisted by Mr. Twisted in to "steps down".

Right.
Bwhahahaha

nunes should have recused himself weeks ago. being forced out of the investigation over his obvious conflict of interest is just embarrassing.

Midnightrider

I need real confirmation. Too many fake stories come out of twitter.
here is more from the horses mouth
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-devin-nunes-steps-russia-probe/story?id=46620555 said:
"Several left-wing activist groups have filed accusations against me with the Office of Congressional Ethics. The charges are entirely false and politically motivated, and are being leveled just as the American people are beginning to learn the truth about the improper unmasking of the identities of U.S. citizens and other abuses of power," Nunes said in a statement released this morning.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nunes steps down from Russia-Trump investigation

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes on Thursday stepped down temporarily from his role leading the committee’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign and possible surveillance of Trump associates by the prior administration.

Nunes in a statement cited the efforts of "several leftwing activist groups" to lodge "entirely false and politically motivated" accusations against him with the Office of Congressional Ethics as his reason for sidelining himself.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas, is now set to lead the committee "with assistance" from Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Fla.

Nunes said he would "continue to fulfill all my other responsibilities as Committee Chairman" and had requested to speak with the Ethics office "in order to expedite the dismissal of these false claims."

Midnightrider

Yeah, it's temporary until he can get all of these accusations cleared up. I suspect it's closer to permanent though.

I don't think there is much chance he gets back in on that investigation. I don't see how you clear up being a member of trumps transition team. That seems like an obvious conflict of interest.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't think there is much chance he gets back in on that investigation. I don't see how you clear up being a member of trumps transition team. That seems like an obvious conflict of interest.

Nunes talked about 'accusations' against him. I don't know what they are. I suspect it's best he just step aside.

But now Conaway is taking his place. What accusations will democrats launch at him?

Hijinx

Nunes talked about 'accusations' against him. I don't know what they are. I suspect it's best he just step aside.

But now Conaway is taking his place. What accusations will democrats launch at him?

With Trey Gowdy assisting the Democrats may wish they had Nunes back.

Hijinx

you are right on that. Hillary got off scot free after how many of his investigations?

He had a President and his flunkies Loretta Lynch and Comey in opposition.
Trey had the goods on her the Justice Department refused to indict under orders from the President.

This_person

I think it is complete bull####. When will we stop pandering to the hysterical lefties? :banghead:

This is much like what was done to Palin. She had to fund her own defense, by Alaska state law, so they threw charge after charge after charge at her until she ultimately quit, then all the charges stopped (except that she was a quitter). Now they're stuffing the Ethics Committee in-box against Nunes until he complies with their demands...all problems will go away.

Hijinx

This is much like what was done to Palin. She had to fund her own defense, by Alaska state law, so they threw charge after charge after charge at her until she ultimately quit, then all the charges stopped (except that she was a quitter). Now they're stuffing the Ethics Committee in-box against Nunes until he complies with their demands...all problems will go away.

LMAO the same ethics committee that found nothing wrong with tax cheat Charles rangel and Bank cheat Maxine Waters.

Midnightrider

LMAO the same ethics committee that found nothing wrong with tax cheat Charles rangel and Bank cheat Maxine Waters.
That's the bigger point TP is obviously missing. Usually, even if there are actual offenses, a complaint to the ethics committee is without consequence. Nunes stepping down shows that he knows, or has been convinced, that he actually has a conflict.