Unqualified and Incompetent: The Thursday version

tommyjo

So what do we have today...how about Syria???

Our unqualified President and his uniquely unqualified cabinet secretaries have created an even bigger policy mess with Syria than the one we had.

Our idiotic President (no other way to describe it), purges all the top knowledge holders out of the State Dept. He then nominates and has confirmed a Secretary of State who has zero experience. He then proceeds to nominate NO ONE ELSE to fill the open positions in the State Dept...75 days into his Presidency, Mr. Trump has nominated no one for the State Department except the Secretary: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-administration-appointee-tracker/database/

So what happens? Only the utterly predictable...the Secretary of State makes a comment that completely changes US policy as it relates to Syria. A comment he probably had no idea meant anything because the Sec State has no idea what US policy was or is. He clearly states the US is no longer opposed to Assad staying in power. The Syrian people will determine Assad's future...so Assad gasses those Syrian's who disagree with his rule.

Then the President, in all his glory, stands before the media and proclaims his shock and horror at the events. "All kinds of lines were crossed". His feelings towards Assad and Syria have changed...and ,with his inability to speak in the measured tones of diplomacy, essentially commits the US to a retaliatory military strike.

So in the course of a single week, US foreign policy as it relates to Syria has changed 3 times.

This man has no business whatsoever running a country...he has no idea what he is doing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How in the world is our government surviving without your infinite wisdom and knowledge? :notworthy

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE... run for president. We need YOU!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Then the President, in all his glory, stands before the media and proclaims his shock and horror at the events. "All kinds of lines were crossed". His feelings towards Assad and Syria have changed...and ,with his inability to speak in the measured tones of diplomacy, essentially commits the US to a retaliatory military strike.

So in the course of a single week, US foreign policy as it relates to Syria has changed 3 times.

This man has no business whatsoever running a country...he has no idea what he is doing.

BULL####.. not once did he actually blame Assad for the attacks nor did he say Assad was responsible for the attacks..

I BELIEVE he's waiting for evidence to prove that in fact it was Assad's military, which shouldn't be hard to prove once there is a sample of the Sarin produced.

I've seen a couple of the videos out of Syria of an "actual" gas attack where a car blows up, supposedly hit by a gas bomb.. to say the acting was bad would be a HUGE understatement.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Our unqualified President...

Do you remember all the times you were worried sick how on earth a community activist with NOTHING on his resume but a little bit of politics, jumping each stage at the first chance, not even a full term as a US Senator, no private sector experiences, no international experience to speak of, not even in charge of a lemonade stand, and how that was just nuts to give all this responsibility and authority to someone so clearly lacking in even a rudimentary capacity? Remember how, for 8 years, that just ate at you, constantly?

Me neither.

Restitution

So.....

Yet another sovereign nation has an a-hole for a leader. Surprise, surprise!!

Personally, I think that after half a century of being the entire world's police.... it will be nice to sit this out and let someone else deal with it.

SamSpade

Our idiotic President (no other way to describe it), purges all the top knowledge holders out of the State Dept. .

Because knowledge notwithstanding, not a single one of them is trustworthy enough to put the nation ahead of their petty politics.
I'd sooner hire a pile of rattlesnakes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our idiotic President (no other way to describe it), purges all the top knowledge holders out of the State Dept.

You mean the ones who helped create the Syrian mess in the first place?

Trump has been president for less than 3 months. Assad doesn't belong to him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:mad:

Personally, I think that after half a century of being the entire world's police.... it will be nice to sit this out and let someone else deal with it.

Agree. This is not our problem. Let the Germans take care of it. And PS, I don't want their freaking refugees coming here, either. Angela can take them too.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So what do we have today...how about Syria???

Our unqualified President and his uniquely unqualified cabinet secretaries have created an even bigger policy mess with Syria than the one we had.

Bigger than the one Obama and Hillary, and Kerry created.......I think not

Hijinx

Bigger than the one Obama and Hillary, and Kerry created.......I think not

Hard to believe she blames Trumps inexperience for what is happening in Syria after it was Obama that got us there in the first place.
Not only that he armed the rebels with weapons and got an Ambassador killed over it.

TJ's little mind went over the hill at the Trump election and hasn't recovered, if it ever does,

awpitt

Main Streeter
You mean the ones who helped create the Syrian mess in the first place?

Trump has been president for less than 3 months. Assad doesn't belong to him.

The al-Assads (Hafez & Bashar) have belonged to every POTUS since Nixon. And it will continue with Trump unless he can break this cycle which I hope he does.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do you remember all the times you were worried sick how on earth a community activist with NOTHING on his resume but a little bit of politics, jumping each stage at the first chance, not even a full term as a US Senator, no private sector experiences, no international experience to speak of, not even in charge of a lemonade stand, and how that was just nuts to give all this responsibility and authority to someone so clearly lacking in even a rudimentary capacity? Remember how, for 8 years, that just ate at you, constantly?

Me neither.

Me neither.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The al-Assads (Hafez & Bashar) have belonged to every POTUS since Nixon. And it will continue with Trump unless he can break this cycle which I hope he does.

Boom. Yeah, that just happened.