Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube TV launches....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ok, question; I don't know #### about any of this so here's my question;

Presumably, all the content is already on the companies servers, yes? If so, why would anyone need to save it? Why couldn't, wouldn't, you just access what you want, whenever you want, off of their servers???
    the is my current complaint with the current services ....

we have FiOS - we still have to record shows locally for play back later WTF for .... they already have the files digitally - just tick a box user wants to watch this later
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

In other words, I wanna be clear, I'm just asking if it CAN be done that way, just access their servers, no need to store, and probably ought to or will be because that's the simplest way. Yes?

it COULD be done that way ..... user and companies still think we need to record in our homes instead of setting a flag on the TV Show - I want to watch this later

kinda like how On Demand works ....

only in my world EVERYTHING would be on demand
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Ok, so there is an economic reason for them to want you to record things rather than be 'on demand'. I presume this is to aid the fellers who sell the equipment and/or ability to home record?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I presume this is to aid the fellers who sell the equipment and/or ability to home record?

sure 'cable box' rental @ 20 - 30 bucks a month

Just to add, they probably chose the DVR model rather than on demand due to licensing rights. Courts have sided with the consumer when it comes to time-shifting (DVR), meaning if it aired on a device/service you have access to you can record for later viewing without additional cost. On-demand is functionally the same, except you aren't granted license to view until you request the show and of course you do not have to request/schedule in advance of the showing.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.