Cruise Missles Launched Against Syria

60 (!!!!) ship-based cruise missle launched against the airfield that set off the gas attacks on their people.
Can anyone say WWIII?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Wow. Barely 3 days to reply.

This is how it's done. :yay:

I don't think we've seen this kind of rapid response since Reagan.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Surprise! Shock and awe, and all! Trump may be a pompous ass with a crazy comb over hair do, but he has balls; something that Obama lacks. Oh wait, it may have something do with Obama's bloodline. Let me ponder that. Ok, I'm done pondering. Obama stated that crossing the red line thing. :crickets: He did nothing; thus the bloodline connection. Obama is not prez, anymore! Thank God, and God bless, America, and God bless Trump! :patriot:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am conflicted. On one hand, I'm not interested in getting involved with these #### holes and their civil war bull####. On the other hand, it's hard to stand by idly when some freaking nutbag is exterminating people. You think Hitler, Pol Pot...how uninvolved should you really remain?

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am conflicted. On one hand, I'm not interested in getting involved with these #### holes and their civil war bull####. On the other hand, it's hard to stand by idly when some freaking nutbag is exterminating people. You think Hitler, Pol Pot...how uninvolved should you really remain?

I was talking to hub tonight about that very conflicting question. Why get involved? Answer: ISIS. That was our take on the current event(s). America is at risk, too.

Bann

PREMO Member
ForumRunner_20170407_051231.jpg

Bann

PREMO Member

I agree. But, sarin gas on his own people? In 2017?

glhs837

Power with Control
I was talking to hub tonight about that very conflicting question. Why get involved? Answer: ISIS. That was our take on the current event(s). America is at risk, too.

Except this bit had nothing to do with ISIS, this was about Assad using chemical weapons (hmmm, where did those come from, I wonder?) on his own people, rebellious ones, true, but that little kid I saw gasping to death, pretty sure he had not committed any rebellion yet. So what Trump appears to have done is yelled INCOMING at the Russians to get clear, then levelled the base those aircraft launched from. No planes left, no usable runway, no usable buildings. I just checked, and yeah, whole things a smoking crater I'm sure....somplace like Andrews or Pax, you could cripple but most not likely take out with that many missiles, but this shizhole? Yeah, nothing left.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...x8e8713bb0b483391!8m2!3d34.492359!4d36.949249

tommyjo

A perfectly manufactured distraction...Trump IS getting the hang of something...maybe.

He has Tillerson make that idiotic comment last week that reversed a decade plus of US foreign policy (or Tillerson, not knowing what US foreign policy is because no one told him just blurted out an answer like any unqualified person would do). Then Assad did what came naturally...we took no action when he gassed over a 1000 people in 2013 when we had a "Red line" why would we now?

Trump calls his buddy Vlad and says "hey Vlad...this is the perfect way to get the election rigging off the front page!" Vlad of course agrees...oh he'll bluster but won't do anything of consequence.

Trump launches 60 tomahawks at some concrete laid in the sand and wa-la...no more Russian collusion on the talk shows! (very reminiscent of the aspirin factory raid of Mr. Clinton, no?)

The President gets on TV and gives his typically horrible prepared speech (some teach this moron how to read off a teleprompter....Christ he is terrible!!) and claims "vital national interest". What the hell is "vital" to US interests about Syrian killing each other? Nothing. Unless you consider distracting attention from the Russian investigations vital to the national interest. Hell, these were Muslims! Donald Trump has quite clearly stated that they aren't even people to him...he is doing everything he can not to let any of them in the country...why would he care if they kill each other?

In the end, Trump did what he HAD to do...he backed himself into this corner with his comments in the Rose Garden the other day. He had to strike. The world views him, rightly so, as all talk and no action....as incompetent...as a bully when alone and a whimp when confronted. So he did what he had to do...he did the most minimal thing he could and it will likely have little or no lasting impact...other than making us the world's police force again...in the Middle East...again.

A perfectly manufactured distraction...Trump IS getting the hang of something...maybe.

He has Tillerson make that idiotic comment last week that reversed a decade plus of US foreign policy (or Tillerson, not knowing what US foreign policy is because no one told him just blurted out an answer like any unqualified person would do). Then Assad did what came naturally...we took no action when he gassed over a 1000 people in 2013 when we had a "Red line" why would we now?

Trump calls his buddy Vlad and says "hey Vlad...this is the perfect way to get the election rigging off the front page!" Vlad of course agrees...oh he'll bluster but won't do anything of consequence.

Trump launches 60 tomahawks at some concrete laid in the sand and wa-la...no more Russian collusion on the talk shows! (very reminiscent of the aspirin factory raid of Mr. Clinton, no?)

The President gets on TV and gives his typically horrible prepared speech (some teach this moron how to read off a teleprompter....Christ he is terrible!!) and claims "vital national interest". What the hell is "vital" to US interests about Syrian killing each other? Nothing. Unless you consider distracting attention from the Russian investigations vital to the national interest. Hell, these were Muslims! Donald Trump has quite clearly stated that they aren't even people to him...he is doing everything he can not to let any of them in the country...why would he care if they kill each other?

In the end, Trump did what he HAD to do...he backed himself into this corner with his comments in the Rose Garden the other day. He had to strike. The world views him, rightly so, as all talk and no action....as incompetent...as a bully when alone and a whimp when confronted. So he did what he had to do...he did the most minimal thing he could and it will likely have little or no lasting impact...other than making us the world's police force again...in the Middle East...again.
I'm blinded by your tinfoil hat! :shocked:

SamSpade

My only reservation is that at least one Congressman disputes the story that the Syrians did this deliberately. I didn't realize there was any doubt that they did it.
And no, clearly it HAPPENED. I hate it when someone misunderstands and rants "WE SAW THE PICTURES! THEY DID IT!".
Yes it happened. How did it happen?

One story is it was a bomb on an ammo storage which happened to have these kinds of weapons. I don't think that is impossible to believe - frankly, I can't think of a rational reason why someone would do what Assad is claimed to have done. I am not supporting this claim, but if there's doubt, we might find ourselves in the same idiotic situation as when we went into Iraq to find WMDs only to find - mostly - none.

On the other hand, if he DID do it and did something so utterly heinous to innocents, he deserves MUCH worse than a destroyed airfield with Syrians warned ahead of time to remove their planes.
He deserves a shock and awe level of event.