Kushner hasn't yet detailed foreign contacts for security clearance

awpitt

Main Streeter
This is ridiculous. If any of us regular people had done this, we'd be denied the clearance.

When Kushner first submitted his forms to the FBI, he left the section about foreign contacts blank -- despite the fact that he had met with a large number of foreign emissaries and leaders once Donald Trump became the president-elect and he became the point man for international contacts for the incoming Trump administration.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/kushner-foreign-contacts/index.html

This is ridiculous. If any of us regular people had done this, we'd be denied the clearance.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/kushner-foreign-contacts/index.html
It doesn't sound like Kushner falsified information because it is being reported he didn't provide any information. Had he provided a partial list than that would have willful omission. The fact that an incomplete form was signed off by a security officer who's job it is to ensure all required information is provided means is the failure in process. He should not have been granted clearance until all information was accounted for and verified.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It doesn't sound like Kushner falsified information because it is being reported he didn't provide any information. Had he provided a partial list than that would have willful omission. The fact that an incomplete form was signed off by a security officer who's job it is to ensure all required information is provided means is the failure in process. He should not have been granted clearance until all information was accounted for and verified.

The fact that he didn't report information is a violation. It is his responsibility, and no one else's, to submit complete information.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The article made it pretty clear that the information would be forthcoming. So big yawn, at this point. It does seem odd that it was left blank when submitted, though.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The article made it pretty clear that the information would be forthcoming. So big yawn, at this point. It does seem odd that it was left blank when submitted, though.

Information would be forthcoming? Really? I wish I could say that when I fill my forms out. Not acceptable. When one is being investigated or reinvestigated for clearance, they are required to submit complete information at the time they submit the initial form.

Midnightrider

Information would be forthcoming? Really? I wish I could say that when I fill my forms out. Not acceptable. When one is being investigated or reinvestigated for clearance, they are required to submit complete information at the time they submit the initial form.
Exactly, people get disapproved for a security clearance all the time for omitting information. To say its forthcoming months after the form was submitted is ridiculous and wouldn't fly for any normal person. Additionally, why is it so hard for him to provide a list? Why did he choose to leave that section blank.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tony, a few things -

1. The article clearly states that it was a draft form mistakenly submitted without review.
2. An addendum was sent stating broadly that there had been foreign contacts and that Kushner would be happy to discuss them during the interview process.
3. Kushner has yet to have his formal clearance interview, he is operating on an interim. And most importantly, at least for me...
4. How did CNN and NYT obtain these "facts" about a Privacy Act protected document? You know, stuff we shouldn't know a damn thing about.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tony, a few things -

4. How did CNN and NYT obtain these "facts" about a Privacy Act protected document? You know, stuff we shouldn't know a damn thing about.

because left over Obama Appointees or progressive Gov. employees in those dept's want to take down the Trump Administration

awpitt

Main Streeter
Tony, a few things -

1. The article clearly states that it was a draft form mistakenly submitted without review.

Sorry but I don't buy their excuse. The responsibility for the truthfulness and accuracy of the submitted form falls on Kushner. No one else.

Tony, a few things -

2. An addendum was sent stating broadly that there had been foreign contacts and that Kushner would be happy to discuss them during the interview process.

Again, not acceptable. The form clearly requires that foreign contacts be listed.

Tony, a few things -

3. Kushner has yet to have his formal clearance interview, he is operating on an interim. And most importantly, at least for me...

Good question.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I guess we'll see how it plays out. My money is on Kushner getting whatever clearance he needs after providing whatever information the FBI needs.

Oh stop. You know very well how often forms are submitted and require amendments for missing attachments and blocks of information. So again... if clearance was granted based on incomplete information that falls on the security person who cleared it. But reading Larry's post points out this is FAKE OUTRAGE once again.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

you are little people, little people follow rules and regulations - connected people do not

and I am NOT just talking at the Presidential level ... if someone connected wants someone hired
- OPM Rules go out the window or are follow at the barest thread of legitimacy
- yeah we 'advertised' that JOB before hiring Joe
[advertised on the back of a box of Cheerios buried in the trash can in the lunch room]

Hijinx

because left over Obama Appointees or progressive Gov. employees in those dept's want to take down the Trump Administration

I guess todays pincushion will be Trumps son in law.
Gee who can we pick on tomorrow.?

Every day it's someone new on the firing line. Well at least they are leaving little Barron's security clearance alone today.

Midnightrider

Oh stop. You know very well how often forms are submitted and require amendments for missing attachments and blocks of information. So again... if clearance was granted based on incomplete information that falls on the security person who cleared it. But reading Larry's post points out this is FAKE OUTRAGE once again.
Not for your security clearance, at least not generally. They usually look at omitting information as being intentional. Plus, you have to sign and attest to the facts in the form. It's not very reasonable to say you didn't review it before it was released. Also, if it was an early draft, wouldn't they Kush have the detailed version readily available?

I am pretty sure lots of people operate under a tentative clearance while their Background investigation is conducted. Most probably don't have that level of access initially though.....

Not for your security clearance, at least not generally. They usually look at omitting information as being intentional. Plus, you have to sign and attest to the facts in the form. It's not very reasonable to say you didn't review it before it was released. Also, if it was an early draft, wouldn't they Kush have the detailed version readily available?

I am pretty sure lots of people operate under a tentative clearance while their Background investigation is conducted. Most probably don't have that level of access initially though.....
Submissions of incomplete forms happen all the time including security forms especially if they are mistakenly submitted early which also happens on a regular basis and very easy to do now that everything happens with the press of a button. It is indeed logical that if he and his admin staff were still compiling a complete list then there would be nothing on the draft.

One must answer all questions and fill in all mandatory blocks on a security form. That means that if one block is not pertinent than the answer must reflect so for the record. had he put 'NONE' or only provided a partial list and submitted it as final then there would be reason for jumping his ####. But as the article clearly states... that is not what happened.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One must answer all questions and fill in all mandatory blocks on a security form. That means that if one block is not pertinent than the answer must reflect so for the record. had he put 'NONE' or only provided a partial list and submitted it as final then there would be reason for jumping his ####. But as the article clearly states... that is not what happened.

Exactly. And beyond that...there is the often extensive interview process that takes place. Interviews of Kushner as well as with people he's been associated with in various ways over the years. I've held very high clearances myself and am quite familiar with the process. I've also been interviewed numerous times as a part of someone else's clearance application process. For one of my guys, it once took several rounds of the forms and interviews before we got him in to a closed project. It's a process...it's not one form submission, stamped, and have a nice day. Not even close.

I remember, with a smile now. the "fun" I had with the interviewers when I was in for an upgrade to TS. Because I'd been working throughout Europe and Scandinavia but..most particularly...in Malta, and often at that. Malta was then still on our "bad guys; too cozy with USSR and Libya" list.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I guess todays pincushion will be Trumps son in law.
Gee who can we pick on tomorrow.?

Every day it's someone new on the firing line. Well at least they are leaving little Barron's security clearance alone today.

And yesterday was Malia, Sasha, Barack, and Michelle. This really shouldn't surprise you given the way you spoke of the past Presdent and his family.