Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best used pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    When I pulled my injectors I sent them to Pennsacola fuel injection in FL.
    They had thousands of happy eBay customers and at 100% rating when I used them. I talked to one of the owners on the phone and he rebuild my injectors and I bought new harness's and some replacement harness pins from him to repair the burned harness pins in the intake for a better word valley. He uses OEM parts except the O rings. I went to Ford and bought OEM O rings myself. Like six bucks a cylinder for peace of mind.
    I was and still am very happy with there services. Much better that 220 + bucks for new injectors.
    Good info. I deal mostly with Riff Raff. Got the upgraded/improved main oil pump from them and one of their "blueprinted" HPOPs when that had to be replaced.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Even though I had no major issues with my Ram before, I bought a 2011 F250 because of the good deal I got. As far as engines go, they are both very powerful. The towing capability of Ford is a lot better though. It can tow almost anything. My rig is pretty much stock right now but I'm thinking of adding 2-4" suspension lift so that I can fit bigger tires.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Looking at an '03 F250 Super Duty, 7.3, 180k.

Also an '05 Ram 2500 Cummins 12 valve, 290k (best I can tell is the 24 valve is more complexity for no definitive advantage)

Older Chevy's don't seem to earn much credit.

Want; used, under $10k, diesel, 4by4, extended cab (not crew, but crew OK) 6.5' bed, 8' is not out of the question.

I think I want 250/2500's and up. Towing dual wheel work trailers regularly and want to be able to tow camper and maybe 5th wheel some day.
    Charlotte Hall guy has a M939 5 Ton for sale

The M939A2 models use a newer and smaller Cummins 6CTA8.3 504 cu in (8.3 L) turbocharged inline 6 cylinder diesel engine developing 240 hp (180 kW) at 2100 rpm and 745 lbfft (1,010 Nm) torque at 1,500 rpm.

All models have an Allison 5 speed automatic transmission with a two speed transfer case. The front axle was engaged in low range

A little tuning can go a long way with this one..
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Charlotte Hall guy has a M939 5 Ton for sale

The M939A2 models use a newer and smaller Cummins 6CTA8.3 504 cu in (8.3 L) turbocharged inline 6 cylinder diesel engine developing 240 hp (180 kW) at 2100 rpm and 745 lbfft (1,010 Nm) torque at 1,500 rpm.

All models have an Allison 5 speed automatic transmission with a two speed transfer case. The front axle was engaged in low range

A little tuning can go a long way with this one..
    How many gallons per mile?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    How many gallons per mile?
    If you have to ask, you won't like the answer..

BUT about 6 MPG.. 10 with a good tailwind..

Army vehicles are NORMALLY built to cruising range, not MPG.. MPG only comes into play when deciding how big the fuel tanks have to be to get it 300 miles.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Members who have read this thread: 3