IRS Scam Fraud Busted!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/09/news/tax-scam-india-arrest-ringleader/index.html

Police in India have arrested a man they say was the ringleader of a network of call centers that allegedly swindled thousands of Americans out of millions of dollars.

Sagar Thakkar, 24, was detained in Mumbai after arriving on a flight from Dubai on Saturday.

"He was the mastermind of IRS scam call centers in the state of Maharashtra and one center in Ahmedabad," said Mukund Hatote, assistant commissioner of police in Thane, just north of Mumbai.

Hatote said Thakkar stands accused of extortion, cheating, impersonation, criminal conspiracy as well as violating India's communications and tech laws.

Indian police say they have charged more than 390 people in connection with the scheme, and more than 12 remain in jail.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A couple weeks ago I kept getting messages on my phone about how I had an URGENT! IRS matter that needed to be straightened out and I MUST! call them back or face PRISON!!!

I find it amazing that anyone falls for that crap.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Imagine the fun my co-worker and I had when calling one of those douche bags back! He had him so spun up he started calling him unmentionable names here and finally hung up on us! :roflmao:

Clem72

So the calls magically end now? Or the people who were actually doing the calls continue to do so for themselves or under a new ring-leader. He had entire call centers, I guarantee that operation continues or someone knew pops up immediately.