Gloria Allred Being Probed by State Bar, Ex-Client Says

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gloria Allred Being Probed by State Bar, Ex-Client Says

Civil rights attorney and activist accused of pursuing a deal with CBS while representing a weatherman who accused the network of passing him over for “buxom” colleagues

Kyle Hunter, a television weather reporter, said in a written statement that he has been “notified by The State Bar of California that they are investigating Ms. Allred.” Hunter hired Allred to represent him in a failed discrimination lawsuit against CBS in which he accused the network of passing him over for jobs and instead hiring reporters “cut from the same blond, attractive, buxom mold.”

Hunter said he is providing his “complete cooperation” to the State Bar and “will continue to do so.”

Hunter told the TheWrap that he felt betrayed by Allred when he found out that she had negotiated an untitled television series with CBS based on her life at the same time she was representing Hunter in his lawsuit against CBS Broadcasting, but never told him about the deal.
[clip]
“Someone has attempted to shake me down by threatening to report me to the State Bar unless I paid him a large sum of money,” Allred said in a written statement. “I have refused to pay this individual any amount of money. I will not be threatened or bullied by false accusations.”