Dear Calvert HS Baseball Coaches:

inkah

That racist bullcrap your player was slinging at the GMHS Varsity game tonight is COMPLETELY unacceptable. I hope you have at the very least the basic common decency of benching him. There should be ZERO tolerance for the N word from anyone ever. We have his name and # if you arent sure who it was. Regardless of your obvious lack of good sportmanship, we certainly do hope that you stand behind us at least in refusing to accept such a disgusting display of racism.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
No offense, but why don't you just call the principal of the school to report this? Venting in a public forum is great, but what is your objective by doing that? I would hope you don't think the coaches are going to engage with you in a discussion about a student issue here on the interwebz.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow, in this day and age some kid is slinging around racial slurs at a baseball game?

Did any of the other kids call him on it? I just find that amazing. Was it loud or did you just happen to hear him? I must admit, that shocks me.

Hannibal

I grew up playing baseball in the county (and even coaching here as my children are starting to play) and will give the coach the benefit of the doubt. Are you sure he heard his player literally yelling "n****r" at an opposing player? I find it hard to believe that if such were true (or more importantly obvious), that any coach, or any umpire, or any parent ...... or even any teammate ...... would let that go without a response. It may be that it was an exchange between two people .... and while not excusable if such language was used ..... such would absolve the coach from not acting on such specific language.

If you're taking issue with it (and it seems you are), did you approach the coach after the game? I am quite confident that if one of his players was being a blatant as you state, he would appreciate someone approaching him in a decent manner and letting him know that. I am confident he would want to address and correct the situation as best as he could with his player (and potentially the other team's coach).

Bann

PREMO Member
The fact that i posted - that is what bothers you? Ffs

No. That is not what bothers me. I had a kid who went to Calvert HS and graduated in 2014. I would be shocked if that was allowed to happen and not be handled appropriately by the coaches and school.

If I were a parent AT THE GAME and I heard racial slurs, I'd have gone to my coach first and then, if no response from them, I'd have requested to speak to the other school's coach. (of the foul-mouthed student)

Not for confrontation, but to straight up ask if that type of behavior was allowed. I would not come to an internet forum to vent about it, because I don't believe in being passive aggressive about that sort of thing. I would have called the Principal of CHS the first thing the next school day morning, to follow up, as well.

It's one thing to discuss that it happened. It's another to effectively report it so that action can be taken. IMO

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
Wow, in this day and age some kid is slinging around racial slurs at a baseball game?

Did any of the other kids call him on it? I just find that amazing. Was it loud or did you just happen to hear him? I must admit, that shocks me.

I grew up playing baseball in the county (and even coaching here as my children are starting to play) and will give the coach the benefit of the doubt. Are you sure he heard his player literally yelling "n****r" at an opposing player? I find it hard to believe that if such were true (or more importantly obvious), that any coach, or any umpire, or any parent ...... or even any teammate ...... would let that go without a response. It may be that it was an exchange between two people .... and while not excusable if such language was used ..... such would absolve the coach from not acting on such specific language.

If you're taking issue with it (and it seems you are), did you approach the coach after the game? I am quite confident that if one of his players was being a blatant as you state, he would appreciate someone approaching him in a decent manner and letting him know that. I am confident he would want to address and correct the situation as best as he could with his player (and potentially the other team's coach).

Exactly. This is why I asked if they reported the incident to the schooll. (coaches and/or Principal)

I don't and wouldn't condone at any time this type of behavior, but if it *were happening and was allowed to happen and not be confronted - then it would just continue. If it's allowed to continue, then it would get worse.

Bann

PREMO Member
The fact that i posted - that is what bothers you? Ffs

Also, if you noticed - I started my post off with "no offense, but"

That's because I wanted to ask you the question, while at the same time express the fact that I think posting here *to vent* is fine - however, it doesn't help you correct the situation you were venting about.

If you didn't want comments on your tread, then you should lock the tread. I'll go one step further - if you didn't report this behavior (instead of coming here and posting it on a public forum and insinuating that you have the name and #of a minor student) then you're just part of the problem.

black dog

Free America
Also, if you noticed - I started my post off with "no offense, but"

That's because I wanted to ask you the question, while at the same time express the fact that I think posting here *to vent* is fine - however, it doesn't help you correct the situation you were venting about.

If you didn't want comments on your tread, then you should lock the tread. I'll go one step further - if you didn't report this behavior (instead of coming here and posting it on a public forum and insinuating that you have the name and #of a minor student) then you're just part of the problem.

Yep, this should have been nipped at the game not on the web.

inkah

It has been reported, of course - its just that "why didnt you report" is such an arrogantly presumptive cliche around here and usually is meant to put the poster on the defensive side of the discussion. It IS hard to believe "in this day and age". It was slung from the dugout. Hard to believe the coach didn't hear it - our coach and many players did. It wasnt the only display of poor sportsmanship and the end of the game when it happened was chaotic. This is just one avenue of speaking up. And the reason for it is because it was so shocking, aggregious and unacceptable. We too have been in baseball around here for many years and have never seen such a thing. I am glad it is rare, but rarity doesn't excuse it or make it untrue. I dont find this kind of thing acceptable in any circumstances and dont think that the circumstances have anything to do with it and they dint need to be a consideration when holding the player and the team accountable. If a woman is raped, you dont say, well what kind of clothes was she wearing - in the same way, it doesnt matter if the little cupcake was angry - it isnt ok no matter what.

Bann

PREMO Member
It has been reported, of course - its just that "why didnt you report" is such an arrogantly presumptive cliche around here and usually is meant to put the poster on the defensive side of the discussion. It IS hard to believe "in this day and age". It was slung from the dugout. Hard to believe the coach didn't hear it - our coach and many players did. It wasnt the only display of poor sportsmanship and the end of the game when it happened was chaotic. This is just one avenue of speaking up. And the reason for it is because it was so shocking, aggregious and unacceptable. We too have been in baseball around here for many years and have never seen such a thing. I am glad it is rare, but rarity doesn't excuse it or make it untrue. I dont find this kind of thing acceptable in any circumstances and dont think that the circumstances have anything to do with it and they dint need to be a consideration when holding the player and the team accountable. If a woman is raped, you dont say, well what kind of clothes was she wearing - in the same way, it doesnt matter if the little cupcake was angry - it isnt ok no matter what.
No one here said it was acceptable in any situation.

You went on the defensive IN SPITE OF my stating not to take offense at my question.

I'm glad to hear that it was reported. That's what I asked tbe question. It wasn't clear in the first post that it had been reported. :yay:

black dog

Free America
If the Coach and other people heard it, why right then didn't he / they grab the umpire and take care of this?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, I believe you, don't get me wrong (I also presumed you reported it and were just on here venting some anger). It's just stunning when someone engages in extreme socially unacceptable behavior in public. It's like if right in front of everybody he took a crap in the middle of the street or picked his nose and ate it. You have to wonder about his home environment if he felt comfortable flinging a racial slur right in front of everybody.

black dog

Free America
City dwellers of any Color tend not to have any social graces with controlling there bad language filters in public. They could care less about how loud and who hears them.
If you say something you will get a explosive response.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
City dwellers of any Color tend not to have any social graces with controlling there bad language filters in public. They could care less about how loud and who hears them.
If you say something you will get a explosive response.

Right, but this is Calvert high school. Unless you consider Prince Frederick to be a "city", which I don't.

Wishbone

Just curious here... Before getting all up in arms...

Is there any corroboration to this accusation? Newspaper article, second witness, phone video?

black dog

Free America
Right, but this is Calvert high school. Unless you consider Prince Frederick to be a "city", which I don't.

And there is plenty of upper and middle class wiggers and π|££ers in Calvert Co.
I believe there are a few section 8 Housing areas in PF.

Affordable Housing In Prince Frederick
There are 11 low income housing apartment complexes which contain 783 subsidized apartments for rent in Prince Frederick, Maryland. Many of these rental apartments are income based housing with about 113 apartments that set rent based on your income. Often referred to as "HUD apartments", there are 50 Project-Based Section 8 subsidized apartments in Prince Frederick. There are 826 other low income apartments that don't have rental assistance but are still considered to be affordable housing for low income families.

Bann

PREMO Member
If the Coach and other people heard it, why right then didn't he / they grab the umpire and take care of this?

:yay:

This was my first thought. Unsportsmanlike conduct or some such should have had him kicked out of the game. On the spot.