Jake Tapper Trolls Ivanka Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Jake Tapper Trolls Ivanka Trump. Gets Called Out. Resorts To Personal Attack.

After last week's airstrike against Syria, President Trump's daughter and confidante Ivanka tweeted out her support for her father. "Proud of my father for refusing to accept these horrendous crimes against humanity," she wrote.

CNN's Jake Tapper was quick to signal his own virtue by trolling Ivanka with this non sequitur:

Ivanka Trump
The times we are living in call for difficult decisions - Proud of my father for refusing to accept these horrendous crimes against humanity https://twitter.com/potus/status/850231315584532481

Jake Tapper
@IvankaTrump How do you feel about his proposed ban on Syrian refugees from entering the US? Do you see any disconnect there at all? Thanks

[clip]

Long then exposed Tapper's response as absurd based on the simple fact that his question has been asked and answered a gajillion times:

Cate Long
@jaketapper @IvankaTrump and it's been stated multiple times that there is no method to vet Syrians since intracountry systems are under Assad's control.

SamSpade

I like how that Syrian on CNN responded - help us with Assad, and we won't HAVE to be refugees.
We can stay in our own homes.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I like how that Syrian on CNN responded - help us with Assad, and we won't HAVE to be refugees.
We can stay in our own homes.

yeah except that has been proven wrong time and again .... replace Assad with who :shrug:

News out of Syria these days
- all of the 'rebels' are one manner or another Islamist groups ISIS included killing anyone NOT Them

SamSpade

yeah except that has been proven wrong time and again .... replace Assad with who :shrug:

News out of Syria these days
- all of the 'rebels' are one manner or another Islamist groups ISIS included killing anyone NOT Them

When that guy was asked, he also mentioned where were the protests when this was happening?
The Syrian crisis began partly because Obama flinched when Assad took his dare.

This_person

Jake Tapper Trolls Ivanka Trump. Gets Called Out. Resorts To Personal Attack.

After last week's airstrike against Syria, President Trump's daughter and confidante Ivanka tweeted out her support for her father. "Proud of my father for refusing to accept these horrendous crimes against humanity," she wrote.

CNN's Jake Tapper was quick to signal his own virtue by trolling Ivanka with this non sequitur:

Ivanka Trump
The times we are living in call for difficult decisions - Proud of my father for refusing to accept these horrendous crimes against humanity https://twitter.com/potus/status/850231315584532481

Jake Tapper
@IvankaTrump How do you feel about his proposed ban on Syrian refugees from entering the US? Do you see any disconnect there at all? Thanks

[clip]

Long then exposed Tapper's response as absurd based on the simple fact that his question has been asked and answered a gajillion times:

Cate Long
@jaketapper @IvankaTrump and it's been stated multiple times that there is no method to vet Syrians since intracountry systems are under Assad's control.

Well, to be fair, Tapper is a journalist trying to figure out how to do his job in a brand new environment where the president and his confidants tweet instead of having normal speeches with press availability after. So, he seems to have tried to interview her via the twitterverse. It failed spectacularly, it seems.

If he was trying to simply express an opinion via a question on Twitter, then he failed more than spectacularly, because he is supposed to be a journalist and not a commentator. If he becomes a commentator, how would he differentiate himself from Hannity or Matthews?

Hijinx

When that guy was asked, he also mentioned where were the protests when this was happening?
The Syrian crisis began partly because Obama flinched when Assad took his dare.

Obama started this whole mess in Syria.
Syria was just a sideline until Obama started arming ISIS.

black dog

Free America
Obama started this whole mess in Syria.
Syria was just a sideline until Obama started arming ISIS.

?????????
I always thought the birthplace for ISIS was the Afghan Freedom Fighters ? Long before Obama.
The U.S. government and the American citizens fed, clothed and armed them. During the 1980s, the Mujahiddin guerrilla groups battling Soviet occupation had key features in common with the Taliban. In many ways, the Mujahiddin groups acted as an incubator for the later rise of the Taliban in the 1990s.

Hijinx

?????????
I always thought the birthplace for ISIS was the Afghan Freedom Fighters ? Long before Obama.
The U.S. government and the American citizens fed, clothed and armed them. During the 1980s, the Mujahiddin guerrilla groups battling Soviet occupation had key features in common with the Taliban. In many ways, the Mujahiddin groups acted as an incubator for the later rise of the Taliban in the 1990s.

I don't doubt your reasoning about the birth of the Taliban.I don't doubt that ISIS is an offshoot of the Taliban. I don't doubt that the Rebels are as bad as ISIS.
I don't even doubt that Assad is as bad as the rest of them.
What I am saying is that Obama supplied arms that turned them from a tribal group of azzholes into a major threat.
A pack of crazies who will kill, behead, rape and pillage, crucify anything that will get in their way.
Worse than a pack of savage rabid animals, and they must be removed as savagely as they live.

Don't confuse this mess with a religion. These people are outlaws.

black dog

Free America
I just know when i was overseas in the 80's we were asked to donate any excess web gear and camo to this group called The Afghan Freedom Fighters.
And back in the States the Soldier of Fortune Magazine also did a gear roundup for them. Lots of things change in 30 to 40 years.

Hijinx

I just know when i was overseas in the 80's we were asked to donate any excess web gear and camo to this group called The Afghan Freedom Fighters.
And back in the States the Soldier of Fortune Magazine also did a gear roundup for them. Lots of things change in 30 to 40 years.

One man's terrorist is another man's patriot.
But this bunch has taken to piracy and wholesale slaughter of human beings.

SamSpade

?????????

That would be al-Qaeda. ISIS was created in 1999. It later joined al-Qaeda.
al-Qaeda didn't exist at all until the 90's - after the Gulf War, when bin Laden put it together from the ashes of the mujaheddin after the war,exploiting its network
and resources.

The Taliban are a completely different animal - they're basically a religious political movement specifically in Afghanistan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jake Tapper is a ####ing idiot and CNN is unwatchable. Between that dumb broad arguing with the Syrian guy and this dumb ahole attacking Ivanka Trump, you have to be a fully indoctrinated brain dead to give them one second of your time.

black dog

Free America
That would be al-Qaeda. ISIS was created in 1999. It later joined al-Qaeda.
al-Qaeda didn't exist at all until the 90's - after the Gulf War, when bin Laden put it together from the ashes of the mujaheddin after the war,exploiting its network
and resources.

The Taliban are a completely different animal - they're basically a religious political movement specifically in Afghanistan.

I thought it all basically rolled into one more or less in 2004..
Thanks.