Old Stainless Steel Grill to get rid of..

munacra

I just bought a new grill at Lowes and have an old 4 burner stainless steel grill that I need to get rid off. Where can I take this puppy to toss it? I don't think I can just take it to the dump on St Andrews road. I'd even give it away if someone wants to take the time to clean up the guts on the thing and use it. Externally it looks good but internally it needs some work.

Appreciate any feedback..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just bought a new grill at Lowes and have an old 4 burner stainless steel grill that I need to get rid off. Where can I take this puppy to toss it? I don't think I can just take it to the dump on St Andrews road. I'd even give it away if someone wants to take the time to clean up the guts on the thing and use it. Externally it looks good but internally it needs some work.

Appreciate any feedback..

Near the dump is Super Salvage..I'm sure they would take it. I thought there was an appliance disposal area still at the dump location too..not any more?

black dog

Free America
In most cases you can drag it to the curb and a scrapper will haul it away for you.
St Andrews will take it, it will go in a metal recycling dumpster. I don't think they will take old propane bottles unless they have holes in them.

PeoplesElbow

Put a sign on it 'Free Grill", I did that and mine was gone within an hour and there is almost no traffic on my street.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I just bought a new grill at Lowes and have an old 4 burner stainless steel grill that I need to get rid off. Where can I take this puppy to toss it? I don't think I can just take it to the dump on St Andrews road. I'd even give it away if someone wants to take the time to clean up the guts on the thing and use it. Externally it looks good but internally it needs some work. Appreciate any feedback..

Good god man, fix the damn thing! Grill burner parts are available everywhere. Even in Lowes. You are a man? Correct? Seems you are apart of the throw away society. And the throw away your man skills society, (created by lesbian feminists and homosexuals), as well. Have you no pride?

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Good god man, fix the damn thing! Grill burner parts are available everywhere. Even in Lowes. You are a man? Correct? Seems you are apart of the throw away society. And the throw away your man skills society, (created by lesbian feminists and homosexuals), as well. Have you no pride?

Usually it costs almost as much to fix it as it does to buy a new one, unless its an expensive grill.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Usually it costs almost as much to fix it as it does to buy a new one, unless its an expensive grill.

Nope. The gas burner, shields, gas tubes will always rust and get funked. Way cheaper to replace than buy new. This guy is throwing away a 4-burner stainless steel BBQ. Consider the Weber Genesis II Lx Stainless Steel 4-Burner (52,000-BTU) which sells for $1599. The burner kit sells for only $49.91. Even a $250 grill I've had for over 20 years, the burner is only about 25 bucks. Repaired it a couple a times over the years, and replaced the lava briquets, as to like new operation. There is absolutely no reason not to repair a good BBQ. Unless of course you are an independently wealthy limp wrist, a PW'd man, or physically disabled and can't do it yourself. But then a real man would get a friend to assist in the repair and repay with a grand BBQ feast.

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Nope. The gas burner, shields, gas tubes will always rust and get funked. Way cheaper to replace than buy new. This guy is throwing away a 4-burner stainless steel BBQ. Consider the Weber Genesis II Lx Stainless Steel 4-Burner (52,000-BTU) which sells for $1599. The burner kit sells for only $49.91. Even a $250 grill I've had for over 20 years, the burner is only about 25 bucks. Repaired it a couple a times over the years, and replaced the lava briquets, as to like new operation. There is absolutely no reason not to repair a good BBQ. Unless of course you are an independently wealthy limp wrist, a PW'd man, or physically disabled and can't do it yourself. But then a real man would get a friend to assist in the repair and repay with a grand BBQ feast.

My $250 grill needed new grates, two new burners, and a new hose/regulator, priced it out, came out to over $125 and the thing still looked like #### and the piezeoelectric igniter still wouldn't work, waste of money.

And where do you get that it that expensive of a grill, all it says is 4 burner stainless, my $250 grill was a three burner? Here is a 4 burner stainless grill that is $199 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil...ropane-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burners/1000169851

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

My $250 grill needed new grates, two new burners, and a new hose/regulator, priced it out, came out to over $125 and the thing still looked like #### and the piezeoelectric igniter still wouldn't work, waste of money. And where do you get that it that expensive of a grill, all it says is 4 burner stainless, my $250 grill was a three burner? Here is a 4 burner stainless grill that is $199 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil...ropane-Gas-Grill-with-Side-Burners/1000169851

It was just an example. There are limitations to certain repairs, cost, time vs value etc as determined by an owner. My BBQ looks beaten, aesthetically, never replaced the piezeo once it broke. Just use a BBQ lighter. But the thing still cooks my steaks, chicken, sausages, fish as well as the day I got it.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
buy a weber you won't have to throw it out for 15-20 years

When we moved into the house 3 1/2 years ago, one of the first things I did after we (mostly) unpacked and settled in was buy a new 3 burner Weber.
Got the version with the cast aluminum firebox.

Had an old, aluminum firebox Craftsman we left behind in Illinois, that thing was over 20 years old, had been through numerous burners, drip plates and grates.

Pressure washed it in the fall every year, am doing the same with the Weber.

FED_UP

St Mary's landfill takes scrap metal, or super salvage. (44459 Saint Andrews Church Rd California, Maryland 20619 PHONE MAIN: 301-863-1221

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I should have bought a Weber. Bought a fancy Charbroil "Infrared" unit and hated it...until I replaced the entire grill top with new inserts from a company that specializes in high-end replacement grill inserts. Now it's fine ...although the inserts were not cheap.

Bought a new Weber last year for the offshore club I operate...a really nice cooking machine!

Chris0nllyn

I'm about to buy a new grill and really torn about buying a Weber or one of the "Commercial" Char-Broil units.

St. Andrews Landfill will take the grill. Put it in the metal recycling area.
St. Andrews will take propane tanks. They have a recycling area for them. You do not have to do anything to the tanks other than put them in the correct area.