The Dark Side of Hillary Clinton’s Electoral Rationalizations

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Dark Side of Hillary Clinton’s Electoral Rationalizations

At this point, we all know the drill. There is one way and one way only for women — especially black or brown women — to take a true step forward, and that’s through progressive politics. Identity politics works like this: Progressives do everything in their power to explicitly and unequivocally stoke race- and gender-related resentments and grievances. Any pushback against identity politics is labeled denialism at best and racism or sexism at worst. Progressive ideas are so self-evidently superior that opposition is best explained as grounded in misogyny or the always-reliable “fear of change.” Opposition, even from women and even from people of color, is proof of the awful and enduring power of sexism and white supremacy.

It’s a poisonous ideology, it’s straining our national unity, and this week Hillary once again did her best to push its narrative right back in our national face. In an interview at the “Women in the World” summit, the New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof asked Clinton this:

I have to ask fundamentally, a man who bragged about sexual assault won the election and won 53 percent of the white women’s vote. What does that say about the challenges that one faces in women’s empowerment, that in effect misogyny won with a lot of women voters?

Clinton’s answer was textbook identity politics. After a quick nod to the “cross currents” that impact “any campaign,” she said:

But it is fair to say as you just did that certainly, misogyny played a role. That just has to be admitted. And why and what the underlying reasons why is what I’m trying to parse out myself.

Hillary also went on to say that Trump “looks like somebody’s who’s been a president before.”

This is a truly extraordinary statement. Let’s be clear: The “change” that Hillary represented was nothing more and nothing less than her gender. During the campaign, she wrapped both of her arms around Barack Obama, pledged to continue all the most important elements of his cultural and political legacy, but to do it — drumroll please — as a woman. In this fictional universe, then, a real-estate tycoon and reality-TV star with exactly zero political experience represents the status quo mainly because he’s a man.

Hijinx

Hillary is on the come-back trail.
She is running for President again.

How can this be.
Because she was allowed to come out of one of the biggest, most corrupt , most bribed State Department job without a scratch.
Her female and idiot followers think her innocent as a new -born lamb.

Now she comes back into politics as strong as ever, That is what we get because she was allowed to walk with no prosecution.
You have to give her credit. Most crooks would have thought themselves lucky to get away clean. They would have slunk away and hid.
Like Nixon.
But Hillary has balls, No shame. Just balls. She still has her loyal idiot subjects well in hand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
First it was because America is sexist; then it was because she's just too darn successful and America resents her for it. :lol:

Go home, Hillary, you're drunk.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What's the bright side of her electoral rationalizations? That breaking the law, screwing Bernie, being ABOVE the law, a press terrified to speak truth to her power is a good thing?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's the bright side of her electoral rationalizations? That breaking the law, screwing Bernie, being ABOVE the law, a press terrified to speak truth to her power is a good thing?

This is what I don't understand: why is she "powerful"? I mean, she clearly is...but why? In my mind she's just wife-of. She has no accomplishments of her own, other than she managed to snag Slick Willy and put up with his crap long enough to ride his political coat tails. If she's really the mastermind behind his success, you'd think she'd be smart enough to curb her base nature and get elected on her own merit.

This is what I don't understand: why is she "powerful"? I mean, she clearly is...but why? In my mind she's just wife-of. She has no accomplishments of her own, other than she managed to snag Slick Willy and put up with his crap long enough to ride his political coat tails. If she's really the mastermind behind his success, you'd think she'd be smart enough to curb her base nature and get elected on her own merit.
... and here comes Chelsey. The talking heads are even talking about wanting to see her run in the 2020 presidential race. When questioned as to whether she'd be open to it she stated there would probably be a much better candidate that will run and win the race but she'd leave the option of consideration open should that not be the case.

:eyebrow: ... :twitch:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is what I don't understand: why is she "powerful"? I mean, she clearly is...but why? .

The simple answer is to make a quick mental check list of everyone who would have benefited from her winning and who they are, where they are, be it press, bureaucrats, business people, you name it, who ALSO are in positions of power and influence. You're talking literally of 1,000's of people whose ship was so close to the dock and sank in the harbor, in sight of the finish line, many of them with lots of dough on the line, power, prestige, access, and so forth.

The simple answer is to make a quick mental check list of everyone who would have benefited from her winning and who they are, where they are, be it press, bureaucrats, business people, you name it, who ALSO are in positions of power and influence. You're talking literally of 1,000's of people whose ship was so close to the dock and sank in the harbor, in sight of the finish line, many of them with lots of dough on the line, power, prestige, access, and so forth.
:yeahthat: Global... not just domestic.

philibusters

Hillary is on the come-back trail.
She is running for President again.

How can this be.
Because she was allowed to come out of one of the biggest, most corrupt , most bribed State Department job without a scratch.
Her female and idiot followers think her innocent as a new -born lamb.

Now she comes back into politics as strong as ever, That is what we get because she was allowed to walk with no prosecution.
You have to give her credit. Most crooks would have thought themselves lucky to get away clean. They would have slunk away and hid.
Like Nixon.
But Hillary has balls, No shame. Just balls. She still has her loyal idiot subjects well in hand.

It would be an absolute shocker for Hillary to get the Democratic nomination again in 2020. She has blown to significant leads in national races (2008 Democratic primary and 2016 Presidential election) and I think its conceded now that she is a weak candidate. I literally have no clue who the 2020 Democratic nominee will be but I am pretty sure it won't be her.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It would be an absolute shocker for Hillary to get the Democratic nomination again in 2020. She has blown to significant leads in national races (2008 Democratic primary and 2016 Presidential election) and I think its conceded now that she is a weak candidate. I literally have no clue who the 2020 Democratic nominee will be but I am pretty sure it won't be her.

She's not getting the nomination in '20

SamSpade

She's not getting the nomination in '20

I'd give it 50-50 and I'd bet she will at least TRY.

The problem the Dems have is, they don't have an inspiring national figure, as they saw in the up and coming Senator from Illinois.
Warren is their best shot, and I really don't think she has a chance unless Trump REALLY blows his first term.
No one else is in the spotlight who generates any enthusiasm.

The DLC was created mostly to promote that - new leadership in the Democratic Party - and it helped Bill gain national status.
Since they're now looked at as the Republican wing of the Democratic Party, they've lost that. The means to promote middle of the road issues and advance
younger populist candidates. They're currently depending on the far left as their anchor and it won't win.