Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spicer WasNot The Only One .......

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    There is evidence that that is not true and, even if it were totally true, why is that death worse than working people to death, starving them to death or simply shooting them? And why wouldn't they have used military grade gases like chlorine instead of a disinfectant/insecticide? Any sort of skepticism or sense of free inquiry would make those questions common sense to ask. In short, Zyclon B was a really poor choice for the task.
    What I've read - and recall --

There WERE camps for stronger prisoners - and they WERE worked. There were also camps specifically for extermination - and every camp used its own method. Some DID execute with guns.
    Many used gas, but some used carbon monoxide.

The best reason I've seen for gassing is that as brutal as the Germans were to undesirables - killing them directly had a strong psychological effect on them. It was easier to load them into chambers and pull out bodies than to personally partake in killing them and watching them die. I've seen this reason given MANY times - German soldiers would begin to feel a trace of sympathy and guilt - and gas chambers made that easier.

Frankly that strikes me as even MORE evil by the men who perpetrated it - so determined to kill people, they found ways to get men who wouldn't do it normally to be ok with doing it.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Just shows that the Left will make hay out of anything, regardless of how insignificant it is. It's clear what Spicer meant, and clear that he made a misstatement. Why are we still talking about this days later?
    Grant whatever you wish about the left, how does that stop, in any way, someone from the right asking a simple question:

'Are you objecting to us attacking Assad, thus and defending his use of gas and are you asking for yet another 'red' line or what?'

The right is standing around like a bunch of freaking morons saying "Uh, we hate Hitler!" instead of just engaging on what the left SAYS and DOES.

Everyone in this thread so far is worried about adhering to the historical narrative and completely avoiding what is being said; Spicer, as I understand it, was JUSTIFYING attacking a guy who used chemical weapons on helpless people.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Everyone in this thread so far is worried about adhering to the historical narrative and completely avoiding what is being said ...

that was not the question you asked ...... and I clarified - aprox 1.1 million people were gassed out of 6.x million that would be 1/6
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

It's clear what Spicer meant, and clear that he made a misstatement. Why are we still talking about this days later?

I missed what Spicer said initially, I merely found it amusing Chrissy Tingles made the same 'error'
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Pretty sure Larry is not a Holocaust denier, he just loves to argue .

Blog Entries
    Grant whatever you wish about the left, how does that stop, in any way, someone from the right asking a simple question:

'Are you objecting to us attacking Assad, thus and defending his use of gas and are you asking for yet another 'red' line or what?'
    Having asked a similar question to my lefty pals, I can tell you what the response is: they get pissed and go on an off topic unrelated attack. Engaging them and trying to get them to explain their position is a futile and frustrating endeavor. It's pointless and I hope with all my heart that Sean Spicer has better things to do with his time than stand there and argue with nonsensical ranters.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Pretty sure Larry is not a Holocaust denier, he just loves to argue .
    Pretty sure critical thinking is a foreign language for you.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Having asked a similar question to my lefty pals, I can tell you what the response is: they get pissed and go on an off topic unrelated attack. Engaging them and trying to get them to explain their position is a futile and frustrating endeavor. It's pointless and I hope with all my heart that Sean Spicer has better things to do with his time than stand there and argue with nonsensical ranters.
    He could do it; "Are you saying we shouldn't have gone after Assad? Or that FDR should have gone after Hitler. I only say this because Hitler is dead and we can't go after him and Assad is alive and we can go after him. Oh, yeah, and we did."
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Pretty sure critical thinking is a foreign language for you.
    Well: I could be wrong maybe you are a holocaust denier.
    Probably think we blew up the WTC ourselves too.

Mr. critical thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Well: I could be wrong maybe you are a holocaust denier.
    Probably think we blew up the WTC ourselves too.

Mr. critical thinker.
    When was the last time you challenged yourself on something you were sure you knew and turned out you found you learned a lot or were even wrong? Did that process of learning begin with keeping your head in the sand or....challenging yourself?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 45