Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spicer WasNot The Only One .......

Spicer WasNot The Only One .......

Chris Matthews: Hitler never used chemical weapons
    Overlooks Nazi dictator's gassing of defenseless Jews in concentration camps

In an appearance on the ďMorning JoeĒ show Tuesday, MSNBC host Chris Matthews declared confidently that Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons in World War II.

Matthews compared the dictator of Nazi Germany to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, stating (emphasis added):

The problem is, I donít like it, first of all Iím rather dovish, I donít like what Iím going to say but itís true. If you basically put down a red line and say donít use chemical weapons, and itís been enforced in the Western community, around the world Ė international community for decades Ė donít use chemical weapons. We didnít use them in World War II, Hitler didnít use them, we donít use chemical weapons, thatís no deal. Although we do know that Assadís father did. And then he goes ahead and does it. It makes you wonder what the mullahs will do if they have a couple of nuclear weapons, just a couple. Are they capable of not using them? And that, of course, you know, I think that everybody talking this morning is projecting toward that, which is if you canít use deterrents the normal way Ė mutually assured destruction Ė you canít say, if you do this, weíre blowing you up. If that doesnít work, what does work? And thatís the problem.

maybe on a technicality .... no chemical weapons were user in combat on either front, but that ignores what went on in the camps
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    maybe on a technicality .... no chemical weapons were user in combat on either front, but that ignores what went on in the camps
    What went on in the camps?
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    What went on in the camps?
    you are pulling my leg right ?

you forgot the sarcasm tag
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

No. Sincere question. The answer most accept is probably not true. That doesn't change a thing about Nazi hatred of Jews or other 'inferiors' nor mass death. There is simply reason to not accept the story that gas was used to kill people en masse and that's NOT to say they didn't try it. It's just not as effective and efficient as other means. But, like 'assault rifles' and 'terrorists' it's a term that helps scare people even more while avoiding uncomfortable questions.
    Nepotism begins at home

Zyclon B

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    No. Sincere question. The answer most accept is probably not true. That doesn't change a thing about Nazi hatred of Jews or other 'inferiors' nor mass death. There is simply reason to not accept the story that gas was used to kill people en masse and that's NOT to say they didn't try it. It's just not as effective and efficient as other means. But, like 'assault rifles' and 'terrorists' it's a term that helps scare people even more while avoiding uncomfortable questions.

all that aside ... a PBS Article I just read suggested 1.1 million

I'm not sure I would call Zkloyn B a 'chemical weapon' in the vain of WMD's but concentration camp inmates were executed in showers with the Zyklon B.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Odd, first thing I thought when I heard Spicers statement was that he was referring to launching attacks with chemical weapons. And in that sense, the statement is true. But the stake is in the woodpile, torches are already lit, the mob wont be happy until he's tied to the stake. And nobody has the cojones to defend him. Shoulda been simple. "Sorry folks, I should have been more clear, I meant 'In combat".
    "I aim to misbehave."

...concentration camp inmates were executed in showers with the Zyklon B.
    There is evidence that that is not true and, even if it were totally true, why is that death worse than working people to death, starving them to death or simply shooting them? And why wouldn't they have used military grade gases like chlorine instead of a disinfectant/insecticide? Any sort of skepticism or sense of free inquiry would make those questions common sense to ask. In short, Zyclon B was a really poor choice for the task.
    Nepotism begins at home

Blog Entries
    Just shows that the Left will make hay out of anything, regardless of how insignificant it is. It's clear what Spicer meant, and clear that he made a misstatement. Why are we still talking about this days later?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 45