He Did It Wrong

Damn.

I managed a dive shop back in the '70s/'80s, and those bottles were being phased out way back then. Can't imagine why a dive shop still had one now.

And still thinking.......

If this guy was a non-pro, he surely did not have a compressor rated for breathable air. More likely a shop compressor with copious amounts of contaminants and oil in the air. Breathing oil under pressure leads to lipoid pneumonia. If his "invention" had been used by he and his friends, they would all eventually wind up in the ER. He did them a favor by blowing himself up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And still thinking.......

If this guy was a non-pro, he surely did not have a compressor rated for breathable air. More likely a shop compressor with copious amounts of contaminants and oil in the air. Breathing oil under pressure leads to lipoid pneumonia. If his "invention" had been used by he and his friends, they would all eventually wind up in the ER. He did them a favor by blowing himself up.

He HAD to know that. I've only dived a few times and never certified and I know that. :shrug:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Alcohol. Pot. A new way to inhale. What could possibly go wrong?

That tank blowing up is like those pressure cookers set off in Boston. Amazingly fortunate that others were not damaged as well.