I have a confession!!!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
What's the root of it?

Is it because the left has gotten so ugly?

or

Are you actually changing your principles because liberalism doesn't work for you?

steppinthrax

What's the root of it?

Is it because the left has gotten so ugly?

or

Are you actually changing your principles because liberalism doesn't work for you?

Not sure of the source, I'ts not a polar shift, just a bit of a nudge. but here's a few things....

1. I'm supporting the use of Military force against NK. Obama never seemed to do this (maybe I"m missing something). But Trump seems to want to put their nuts in a bind. I suspect he may destabilize that nation or he may work something out. But NK needs to be fixed, not only because of the wrongs to the people but because they need to become a functioning country within the world to help mankind as a whole. I support the use of nuclear weapons on NK. I feel Trump should order a whole fleet of aircraft carriers on NK shore and they should all set condition for 1SQ. He should then order the surrender of that country or send a "fountain of nuclear missiles" to Pyongyang.

2. I didn't understand what United Airlines did wrong!!!! They were well within their rights to remove that guy off the plane. They (group) was asked several several times to leave (volunteered). They were even given 400 - 1000 dollars. I see the guy got beaten up, but that's what happens if you say NO to police officers. How the #### else did you expect it to go down. Now people are complaining about looking at how airlines boot people off planes. What is the difference between an airline and your house. If someone is in your house that you don't want there, you have the right to remove them.

3. My income dosen't seem to match the left. I'm in the top 8%. The left wants to tax me more.

4. I hate the ACA.

5. I don't understand what was wrong with Jason Chaffetz's Iphone statement. I have seen first hand poor people who spend money on #### that they don't need, then bitch because they can't afford this and that (what they need).

6. The feminist movement is bull####. It has turned many American women into fat, self-centered slobs. I agree there should be advocacy for keeping and continuation of women's rights. But I think that the feminism movement has gone "overboard" and American women are being punished by it. Many men are taking wives outside the United States, simply because foreign women tend to be more conservative (family wise) and they put an importance of their husbands. The problem is it's almost impossible to argue to the other side about this because many women tend to become jealous of each other and the automatic (knee jerk) statement is that these men pick foreign women because they are subservient. That is simply not the case.

7. I'm not a conservative but I have children (2). Seems the left wants to chastise me for my decision to have children. Meaning, they make fun of and poke fun of those who have children. They don't realize the BIGGER PICTURE of how a population of people are " fundamentally oriented toward the sustainability of community and humanity." It's the reason why countries like Germany, Sweden, Japan are paying their citizens to ####. LOL.

8. The federal gov is too big and needs to be cut in size. I agree with the freezing of federal employees. But I also agree that many federal agencies need to be removed and/or a mass termination of federal employees.

9. That's what I can think of now......

awpitt

Main Streeter
Interesting thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Not sure of the source, I'ts not a polar shift, just a bit of a nudge. but here's a few things....
1. I'm supporting the use of Military force against NK. Obama never seemed to do this (maybe I"m missing something). But Trump seems to want to put their nuts in a bind. I suspect he may destabilize that nation or he may work something out. But NK needs to be fixed, not only because of the wrongs to the people but because they need to become a functioning country within the world to help mankind as a whole. I support the use of nuclear weapons on NK. I feel Trump should order a whole fleet of aircraft carriers on NK shore and they should all set condition for 1SQ. He should then order the surrender of that country or send a "fountain of nuclear missiles" to Pyongyang.
I’m not sure about nukes at this point because of the possible reactions from other nuke powers. If we use nukes on NK, it wouldn’t stop there. I do understand your frustration. Like you said, NK needs to be fixed.

2. I didn't understand what United Airlines did wrong!!!! They were well within their rights to remove that guy off the plane. They (group) was asked several several times to leave (volunteered). They were even given 400 - 1000 dollars. I see the guy got beaten up, but that's what happens if you say NO to police officers. How the #### else did you expect it to go down. Now people are complaining about looking at how airlines boot people off planes. What is the difference between an airline and your house. If someone is in your house that you don't want there, you have the right to remove them....

This is a hard one. I think UAL handled this case all wrong. I know the Carriage Agreement says certain things about bumping as in any passenger can be denied boarding; however, the passenger had already been granted boarding. It’s UAL’s problem if they had four crew members that needed to deadhead to Louisville. Any bumping that needed to done should’ve been down at the gate area, prior to boarding. Hence the ability, of UAL, to deny boarding.

4. I hate the ACA..
Yes, it has proven to be a failure. Although it really didn’t impact me. My premiums have pretty much been stable and my coverage has been the same. Only change I saw was that I can’t use my HSA money to buy over the counter medicines where as before the ACA, I could.

Not sure of the source, I'ts not a polar shift, just a bit of a nudge. but here's a few things
8. The federal gov is too big and needs to be cut in size. I agree with the freezing of federal employees. But I also agree that many federal agencies need to be removed and/or a mass termination of federal employees.
Don’t know about mass terminations but downsizing through attrition might not be bad. People like to demonize federal employees but they’re people just like the rest of us trying to make a living. I know lots and lots of federal employees and work with several as well and they are good people. Heck, my Dad was civil service for 40 years after he got out of the military.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's what I can think of now......

For me it comes down to two simple choices:

You either want the government to do for you that which you have come to believe you can't do, or refuse to do...

or

You want to be completely free to make your decisions, take responsibility for your own successes and failures; free from a government coming in and telling you that you're too stupid to exercise such freedom.

CalvertNewb

2. I didn't understand what United Airlines did wrong!!!! They were well within their rights to remove that guy off the plane. They (group) was asked several several times to leave (volunteered). They were even given 400 - 1000 dollars. I see the guy got beaten up, but that's what happens if you say NO to police officers. How the #### else did you expect it to go down. Now people are complaining about looking at how airlines boot people off planes. What is the difference between an airline and your house. If someone is in your house that you don't want there, you have the right to remove them.

IMO United acted wrongly for the following reasons.

!. The contract of carriage says they may offer up to $1300 to someone "bumped" from a flight. According to one interview I read they offered $1000 another passenger said they would be willing to be bumped for more but was laughed at by personnel. This indicates they were trying to save money by not offering full compensation and instead choosing to remove someone forcibly
2. This is a case of breach of contract which is a civil matter. By having the security do their work for them they turned it into a criminal matter.They most likely told the security that the passenger was causing a disturbance to have him removed. and in fact once he was in the terminal the police let him go as there was no evidence he was disturbing anyone or committing any crime.

The analogy of a house doesn't work here . If someone is in your house you have the right to remove them but not if they are paying rent then you don't have the right to remove them unless they are breaking the law.( most states have eviction laws that cover this) They paid for the room just like he paid for his seat. There is no indication he was doing anything illegal or disturbing any other passengers.

I disagree because buying an airplane ticket should not be a Russian Roulette game.

When you chose your airline, pay for your seat, board and sit in your seat you should have fair and reasonable expectation not to be forced out of it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

1. I support the use of nuclear weapons on NK.

:cheers:

we just dropped a 21,600 lb bomb on ISIS in A-Stan ...
I am thinking 10 of these scattered around Pyongyang after some Cruise Missile Strikes, knocking back Triple A might be just as good
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Nukes .... but for now China is twitchy enough

5. I don't understand what was wrong with Jason Chaffetz's Iphone statement. I have seen first hand poor people who spend money on #### that they don't need, then bitch because they can't afford this and that (what they need).

I missed this one ...

ok after doing some reading - I'd agree - 'most' people are poor because they are lazy

if you have a TV and Cable and a Smart Phone - you ain't poor

are the people that require assistance - absolutely

welcome to the Dark Side - we have cookies

Last edited:

Restitution

Anyone remember the famous pic that made the rounds of the guy in the soup kitchen taking a picture of Michelle Obama with his iPhone while waiting in line for a free meal?

Point #5 is nothing new. It is just not "talked about" or it is shunned because it has racial implications.

tommyjo

I think I'm starting to pull a bit away from the left side of the political spectrum!!!!!

The absolutely predictable part of this post is that all the far right wing morons on here will think you have to automatically jump all the way over to the stupid side of the spectrum...in their tiny little minds nothing exists on the political spectrum between freakish far left and freakish far right.

tommyjo

ok..so that is stupid an illogical and completely ignores the political implication this would have with China...so maybe you do belong on the freakish far right?

This is pretty dumb too. If you think United Airlines acted appropriately, then you need to go back and have a talk with your mom about how to treat people correctly.

3. My income dosen't seem to match the left. I'm in the top 8%. The left wants to tax me more.

No one wants to pay more in taxes...

4. I hate the ACA.

Talk to your mom again...you know that thing about if you don't have anything positive to say...

6. The feminist movement is bull####. It has turned many American women into fat, self-centered slobs. I agree there should be advocacy for keeping and continuation of women's rights. But I think that the feminism movement has gone "overboard" and American women are being punished by it. Many men are taking wives outside the United States, simply because foreign women tend to be more conservative (family wise) and they put an importance of their husbands. The problem is it's almost impossible to argue to the other side about this because many women tend to become jealous of each other and the automatic (knee jerk) statement is that these men pick foreign women because they are subservient. That is simply not the case.

What feminist movement? Weight tends to increase with age and self centeredness is American...particularly Baby Boomers and younger.

7. I'm not a conservative but I have children (2). Seems the left wants to chastise me for my decision to have children. Meaning, they make fun of and poke fun of those who have children. They don't realize the BIGGER PICTURE of how a population of people are " fundamentally oriented toward the sustainability of community and humanity." It's the reason why countries like Germany, Sweden, Japan are paying their citizens to ####. LOL.

That's rather stupid.

The biggest cost and employers in Fed are defense, medicare/Medicaid and Social Security...are you including those in your thoughts? If not, then your ideas are basically worthless.

9. That's what I can think of now......

try harder next time

Hijinx

1. Something has to be done about N.Korea. They are aiding Iran ion their search for Nuclear weapons and Rockets to launch them..The constant threats from that little fat bastard are getting boring.But one day the crazy #### may indeed carry out a threat. A Nuclear strike would be dead wrong. The radiation and fallout from the blast-blast's would be carried to other countries. In a perfect world other countries would join us to put this outlaw regime out of the way----But the world aint perfect.

2.United Airlines did nothing wrong, but there were things they didn't do right.
The award of $600 to $1,000 dollars was not cash. It was credit on your next flight. Now I fly once every ten years maybe, what good is a $600 dollar credit to me. CASH will get me off that plane/
3. we all have a tax burden to bear.
4. ACA sucks big time
5.I phone BS.
6. Feminist movement. What a boatload of BS that is.
And speaking of Overboard the transgendered a-wipes are way overboard.
You is what you is pal and cutting your dick off doesn't change it, it only means you are one crazy MOFO. I can feel sympathy for your sickness, but not for your mutilation.
7. Kids are good.
8.There are agencies we don't need. Homeland Security is one of them.

Hijinx

ok..so that is stupid an illogical and completely ignores the political implication this would have with China...so maybe you do belong on the freakish far right?

This is pretty dumb too. If you think United Airlines acted appropriately, then you need to go back and have a talk with your mom about how to treat people correctly.

No one wants to pay more in taxes...

Talk to your mom again...you know that thing about if you don't have anything positive to say...

What feminist movement? Weight tends to increase with age and self centeredness is American...particularly Baby Boomers and younger.

That's rather stupid.

The biggest cost and employers in Fed are defense, medicare/Medicaid and Social Security...are you including those in your thoughts? If not, then your ideas are basically worthless.

try harder next time

Speaking of worthless ideas, and Pop goes the weasel.

SamSpade

Ok, that made my day - advice from you on how to treat people appropriately.
What would the world be like if we all followed your illustrious example?