Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon.net e-mail

Verizon.net e-mail

Got a notice today that my Verizon e-mail will go away in May. As an 84 year old curmudgeon, I hate change.
    They offer the option to transfer my contacts and my verizon.net E-mail address to AOL mail.
    Otherwise I am on my own.
    I miss how with Outlook Express I could down load my e-mails to my computer and keep them as long as I wanted.
    I have never had AOL. Do the e-mails stay on their server like they do with Verizon?
    Not having to notify the world that my e-mail has changed is tempting. I am sure I would miss somebody.
    Do you think AOL will charge a fee for this service? Verizon is my ISP provider and e-mail was part of the package.
    Last edited by softtouch; 04-13-2017 at 03:56 PM.

You might want to start by checking out this link.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizo...o-aol-mail-faq

Looks like all of your questions are answered there.
    Some days it hardly seems worth the effort to gnaw through the restraints!

Well, that stinks. I have Verizon.net mail also, but haven't seen any notice yet. I was planning on dropping them anyway, but not prepared for it by May.

I did find an announcement online that Verizon is getting out of the email business completely.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GopherM View Post
    You might want to start by checking out this link.

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizo...o-aol-mail-faq

Looks like all of your questions are answered there.
    Thanks, that is very helpful.

5. 04-13-2017, 05:35 PM

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by softtouch View Post
    Got a notice today that my Verizon e-mail will go away in May. As an 84 year old curmudgeon, I hate change.
    They offer the option to transfer my contacts and my verizon.net E-mail address to AOL mail.
    I miss how with Outlook Express I could down load my e-mails to my computer and keep them as long as I wanted.
    I have never had AOL. Do the e-mails stay on their server like they do with Verizon?
    Not having to notify the world that my e-mail has changed is tempting. I am sure I would miss somebody.
    Do you think AOL will charge a fee for this service? Verizon is my ISP provider and e-mail was part of the package.
    Get an @somd.us email address.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

FYI there are no changes if you use a POP Client such as Outlook Express to download your email to your computer if you go ahead and do the suggested transition to AOL.

When using webmail you will use the AOL page, which is a lot better than Verizon and now I can access my Verizon email on my phone easier with the AOL app. I thought it was going to be a pain too and annoy me too, but it turns out to be a non issue/win.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Gmail and Yahoo both have gobs of storage - all on line ...
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    What state do you live in? A year ago in April all Verizon customers in Ca, Tx, and Fl, just coincidentally the three largest populated states that used Verizon e mail were forced to AOL - sold out. I'm used to AOL now, but I wonder which other states have been dropped to pad the upper profit margin for Verizon. The cable TV was also sold to Frontier Communications. Is that your situation as well?
    Last edited by b23hqb; 04-14-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Gmail and Yahoo both have gobs of storage - all on line ...
    I'm really having issues with Yahoo Mail lately. I admit I'm using older PCs, but their front end seems to be getting slower and slower. They now want me to use their brand new front end, but I'm afraid it will be unusable on my older machines.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

I got that notice also, you have the option to keep your Verizon email which its states in the notice to click some link. It was so stupid, I had to call tech support to change something but my email is still Verizon.net.

Members who have read this thread: 105