Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Live PD on A and E

Calvert looked weak last night. Needed back up to talk to some kids hanging out in the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    I had never been to the Tiki opening, never had a desire to, really.

Last year, Foxhound and I went on Saturday night to check it out and it was just sooooo crowded. Much. I didn't think the drinks I had were all that tasty. We walked around a bit and I did see a few peeps I knew, but it was a total sea of people, most of whom were way past intoxicated. Not our scene.

We did enjoy the hike/walk to and from the car, though.
    Now imagine that you were charged $20 for that experience. Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Now imagine that you were charged $20 for that experience. Good times
    Or imagine the taxpayers of the entire County paying for the additional Deputies to cover a private event. That's what the cover charge is being used to pay for, the Tiki Bar is now being charged by the County for the additional police coverage assigned to the event.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    Yeah, they do look overdressed ....

Come on now, they have to show off all that Tacti-Cool gear your taxes and Homeland Grants Paid for

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Come on now, they have to show off all that Tacti-Cool gear your taxes and Homeland Grants Paid for

Here's a story from a few years ago that has to do with Calvert County Sheriffs Dept aquireing Tacticool equipment, Calvert Sheriffs Dept used to have a Deputy named Insco.and within his group of friends that he grew up with was a man who worked in LE and Gov sales at Colt for 20+ years and then went to work for FN USA as Director of Marketing. FN USA was looking for a Dept to use in there yearly catalog and a deal was struck to overly supply the Sheriffs Dept with metric tons of FN equipment, pistols, shotguns, scars and a well needed Mag 50 belt fed for the front of there Tacticool Boat. If I remember right, they were photographed two years in a row.

Be careful what you wish for Calvert Co, You might already have it.

http://www.tactical-life.com/militar...vert-swat-lead
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Or imagine the taxpayers of the entire County paying for the additional Deputies to cover a private event. That's what the cover charge is being used to pay for, the Tiki Bar is now being charged by the County for the additional police coverage assigned to the event.
    - Never knew it was the tax payer's responsibility to pay for coverage of private events.

- Since when is it mandatory for county law enforcement to police a private event? Maybe they should hire private security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I post stupid #### all the time.

Or imagine the taxpayers of the entire County paying for the additional Deputies to cover a private event.
    Whats your point?? Tiki Bar is a business and open to the public, it's not a private event. FWIW, I've been to a few openings, but not in the last 10-15 years, no desire to attend nowadays, just want to know what you mean by "private event".

I do believe you by tickets.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Whats your point?? Tiki Bar is a business and open to the public, it's not a private event. FWIW, I've been to a few openings, but not in the last 10-15 years, no desire to attend nowadays, just want to know what you mean by "private event".
    A private business, the operations of which necessitate additional County provided (read taxpayer) services, primarily law enforcement. The members of which are mostly working overtime hours to cover the event.

The event requires, or now has available, public transportation, road closures and officer directed traffic control as well as security.

The County has eaten the cost for several years. This year it was decided to bill the business for those services.

Tan's Cycles in North Beach, a private business, has held an open house for over twenty years. This year he was going to, or rather the Town was, be billed for the additional Deputies assigned to the event over and above those already assigned to the Beach Detachment (which the two towns pay just under two million dollars a year to have). Last word is that the event has been cancelled.
    Last edited by NorthBeachPerso; 04-16-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    The best part is laughing in the face of the people who actually take the day off of work...... actually expend their vacation time.... in order to go to the opening of..... A BAR!

Nope... no problems there..
    I agree with both of your posts

Members who have read this thread: 128