Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Live PD on A and E

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    - Never knew it was the tax payer's responsibility to pay for coverage of private events.

- Since when is it mandatory for county law enforcement to police a private event? Maybe they should hire private security.
    The crowd goes well beyond the Tiki Bar's property, it pretty much shuts down Rt 2 from the bridge onto the island
    That when it becomes the county's problem.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

What a disappointment. I watched until 10:30 and couldn't take any more, had only one Calvert segment and it wasn't the Tiki Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    What a disappointment. I watched until 10:30 and couldn't take any more, had only one Calvert segment and it wasn't the Tiki Bar.
    It'll be next week most likely.

They pre film it all as I drove by the film crew last Tuesday and someone I know was pulled over with the crew. They need to dig through a bunch of boring footage to find anything worth displaying on national TV.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    It'll be next week most likely.

They pre film it all as I drove by the film crew last Tuesday and someone I know was pulled over with the crew. They need to dig through a bunch of boring footage to find anything worth displaying on national TV.
    I just found out the crew was banned from going on the island.

I bet Tiki had their hand in that for sure ...

I don't know if it was the new cover charge or the predicted thunderstorm around 6:30 (or the combination) but I'd say it wasn't even half as busy between 1200-1700 yesterday.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

In watching it last night, they pulled a couple cars over in Solomons. One was a Prius with I think 7 people jammed inside. 17 year old DD that copped to the pot she had on her and the rest were presumably drunk. Not sure the ages of all the occupants but one person had a Patuxent high school sweat shirt on. All had tiki wrist bands. They told them to call their parents to give them rides since it is illegal to have that many people in the car (only allowed as many as there were seatbelts)

The other was a young man that passed the field sobriety test but blew a higher number. Corporal Moschetto "kept his word" and didn't arrest him but made him get someone sober to pick him up and drive him and his car home. They found no drugs but did find a needle, that he said belonged to a diabetic friend.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

how can they "ban" them if they are riding along with the officer?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    how can they "ban" them if they are riding along with the officer?
    The officer they're assigned to isn't assigned there.

Quote Originally Posted by frequentflier View Post
    In watching it last night, they pulled a couple cars over in Solomons. One was a Prius with I think 7 people jammed inside. 17 year old DD that copped to the pot she had on her and the rest were presumably drunk. Not sure the ages of all the occupants but one person had a Patuxent high school sweat shirt on. All had tiki wrist bands. They told them to call their parents to give them rides since it is illegal to have that many people in the car (only allowed as many as there were seatbelts)
    all were apparently underage and after being featured on A&E are being ostracized by the other kids because their mommy and daddy think they are a bad influence.
    News flash to the holier than thous, your kid is doing it too.
    Don't be so quick to judge.
    They just haven't been caught yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    all were apparently underage and after being featured on A&E are being ostracized by the other kids because their mommy and daddy think they are a bad influence.
    News flash to the holier than thous, your kid is doing it too.
    Don't be so quick to judge.
    They just haven't been caught yet.
    Caught doing what? Smoking pot, getting drunk, or going to the Tiki Bar and wearing wristbands when they were underaged?

I had a pretty tight reign on Thing2. I'm fairly certain he had little opportunity to do those things. That's how I feel it should be when they're that age, but that's just me. He just turned 21, in January, and I am completely aware that he consumed alcoholic beverages before he was 21. At parties in someone's home. I'm NOT sure he was doing a lot of partying before he left high school, which is mainly due to the fact that he was rarely anywhere unsupervised by adults. Besides my being tough, he was in NJROTC and respected his instructor/mentor so much that he didn't dare get in trouble that way. I am 100% certain he was never at the Tiki Bar before he graduated HS. (He was 18 when he graduated due to his Jan. birthday and starting later in FL) I am about 95% positive he was never at the Tiki Bar* underaged between age 19-21. (there is always a slight doubt, as I wasn't with him 24/7 after he graduated HS)

Back then, he was also trying to go into the military, so he kept himself on the straight and narrow between the ages of 18-20m. He didn't do drugs, including smoking pot. Now, he's drug tested, so I know he doesn't do them.

* He was actually going to go to the Tiki opening this past week, but "heard" Live PD was going to be filming down there and decided against going.

Members who have read this thread: 152