auto mechanic apprenticeship

paxnewbie

Does anyone know if there are any local mechanics/auto shops that might allow a 16y/o to 'intern' (so to speak)? My son isn't enrolled in the public school system so cannot attend the vocational center at L-town, but is seriously interested in cars/motors. He's worked on stuff with his dad, so he knows a bit, but is really passionate.
We are not looking for a paid position, but a learning experience.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Does anyone know if there are any local mechanics/auto shops that might allow a 16y/o to 'intern' (so to speak)? My son isn't enrolled in the public school system so cannot attend the vocational center at L-town, but is seriously interested in cars/motors. He's worked on stuff with his dad, so he knows a bit, but is really passionate.
We are not looking for a paid position, but a learning experience.

For insurance purposes they may have to put him on the payroll.

One thing with the job market, particularly around here, they want people with the experience.
The one option is one of the Tire places, like Tires Plus. They have a problem keeping people and could probably use a reliable young guy to do gofer type work and learn at the same time.

Donjay81

I have a small shop in loveville we do mostly classic cars. If he's willing to learn I'd be willing to teach him.can contact me at 240 538 1245