Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Higher Wages = Less JOBS

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    If I had to guess, I think you take good care of your guys.
    It's a double-edged sword.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    It's a double-edged sword.
    Ah. He cuts you twice with each swing of the blade?
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    And, what did that do to the costs of the products?

Meaning, now we have 126,000 people who are paid more, but their buying power is less, plus 4,000 whose buying power is zero. So, not only do the 126,000 earn a net less in terms of buying power, but their taxes are higher due to the increase in income as well as due to the net load on "government" (read: taxpayer). So, all in all, everyone is worse off! Woo Hoo!!

Ok...so this is stupid post of the day (GURPS' dumbass poll numbers would have been first...but he simply won't/can't understand that Rasmussen is flawed...then again GURPS doesn't care...he is only about posting propaganda...like this piece)...

Anyway...so here is why your post is stupid:

1. You point that the minimum income earner's pay is lost due to higher product costs...why is that stupid? Because there is not one bit of data in the article or in any article that shows the entire cost of living goes up because the min wage does.

2. The taxes of those min wage workers have not gone up. They are paying the same percentage...they have MORE dollars in their pockets for the same amount of work. They are NOT worse off...

That was a really dumb post...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Ah. He cuts you twice with each swing of the blade?
    muah ha ha haa... My go-to textbook: "Early Theories on the Economics of Pillaging Monasteries", by Ragnar Thorvold.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    Ok...so this is stupid post of the day
    By george, sweet cheeks, for once you've got it right. But don't sell yourself so short..you win "stupidest post of the day" so often that they might have to retire the trophy.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Anyway...so here is why your post is stupid:

1. You point that the minimum income earner's pay is lost due to higher product costs...why is that stupid? Because there is not one bit of data in the article or in any article that shows the entire cost of living goes up because the min wage does.

As a retail store owner, I can assure you I am raising prices on some items in my store ONLY because of the increase in the minimum wage here in Maryland. If the minimum wage was NOT increasing, I would NOT even think about an increase in prices at this point. For those of you who think prices will not go up because of minimum wage increases, YOU ARE THE DUMB ONES! And we have not yet taken into account the new paid leave act that looks like will be enacted here in Maryland. Liberals - gee wiz!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    As a retail store owner, I can assure you I am raising prices on some items in my store ONLY because of the increase in the minimum wage here in Maryland. If the minimum wage was NOT increasing, I would NOT even think about an increase in prices at this point. For those of you who think prices will not go up because of minimum wage increases, YOU ARE THE DUMB ONES! And we have not yet taken into account the new paid leave act that looks like will be enacted here in Maryland. Liberals - gee wiz!
    TJ lives on her disability check and never ran a business in her entire life. So not worth fussing about anything she posts too much.

Ok...so this is stupid post of the day (GURPS' dumbass poll numbers would have been first...but he simply won't/can't understand that Rasmussen is flawed...

Which is why I linked AND Commented Real Politics POLL [an amalgamation of 5 polls] still had Trump @ 42%

you just cannot handle the fact Trumps popularity is rising AGAIN
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

I agree but have also had to increase some prices due to the increase of prices from the manufacturers...some of which could come from not only from increased cost of materials but their wage increases as well. It trickles down and the consumers will pay.
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

The problem is not the increase in minimum wage. I know your business and I don't think you pay minimum wage. No legitimate business person wants to pay minimum wage, they are the lowest common denominator on the social wage scale. They can't read, write or do anything close to math...no less understand your business without glyphs on your register. Your employees are intelligent and customer oriented. So, when the minimum wage goes up..it's not proportional for you. Your wage expense goes up. So your choices are.....less talented help, less hours for those you have, lower staffing, etc. none of which help your customer experience.

Minimum wage should be determined by the market, not the government...jmho
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Members who have read this thread: 62