F U Husqvarna!!!!

Restitution

In your ultimate wisdom, you decided to put an undersized hydrostatic transmission in my riding mower which, after only 47 hours of use, has decided to sh!t the bed. Now, when I call you to report this WELL KNOWN issue that has been plaguing your products for years and ask if there is a warranty and/or extension...... you tell me that I have to seek out an authorized repair person and pay for your screw up??!!!

Sorry but.... F U Husqvarna. Never getting a penny of my money EVER again!

black dog

Free America
Newsflash..... If a piece of equipment doesn't have Alemite fittings all over it, You aren't buying much.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In your ultimate wisdom, you decided to put an undersized hydrostatic transmission in my riding mower which, after only 47 hours of use, has decided to sh!t the bed. Now, when I call you to report this WELL KNOWN issue that has been plaguing your products for years and ask if there is a warranty and/or extension...... you tell me that I have to seek out an authorized repair person and pay for your screw up??!!!

If not a huskie then what brand.. they're all made by the same company.. unless you go to a JD or Cub Cadet dealership and get a utility tractor..

AYP is where your ire should be directed.

General Lee

If not a huskie then what brand.. they're all made by the same company.. unless you go to a JD or Cub Cadet dealership and get a utility tractor..

You're exactly right. When I was in the market a few years ago I decided I wasn't buying ANY big box store brand because they're all made by the same company and re-badged. Had enough of the junk.

Restitution

Ummm.... brand? The brand name is in the title of the thread.

AYP???

Restitution

Newsflash..... If a piece of equipment doesn't have Alemite fittings all over it, You aren't buying much.

What on God's green earth does the type of fittings have to do with the transmission and the fact that it was undersized/underpowered for this tractor?

Restitution

Oh well... like I was saying.

If this had been a typical failure of equipment then I would have said "oh well" and just bit the bullet. This is not the case. This is a known error on the manufacturer's part and they refuse to address it. Internet research and many calls to repair shops confirm that this was a defect for several years and they just refuse to accept responsibility.

Like I said... last dollar that they get from me!

nutz

Did they refuse to repair or simply said you need to take it to an authorized repair center?
What is covered. We warrant that this product is free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and maintenance. Certain components, such as normal wear parts, engines, and transmissions are excluded from this warranty. We will, at our option, repair or replace any defective product or part covered by the Limited Warranty, free of charge at any authorized Servicing Dealer/Center using OEM replacement parts, subject to the limitations and exclusions described below.

They don't warranty by hours, theirs is by calendar.
Transmissions:
General Transmission and Tuff Torq transmissions are warranted through Husqvarna for two (2) years. Parts and labor. Note: the CVT belt on the General Transmission is warranted for ten (10) years. Peerless transmission are warranted through Peerless for three (3) years. Parts and labor. For all others, your transmission is warranted separately by the transmission manufacturer; please refer to the separate transmission warranty provided with your product.

Part of why people suck. You put everything in writing and few bother to read it. Then they want to piss and moan about why it's still your fault.

Restitution

Part of why people suck. You put everything in writing and few bother to read it. Then they want to piss and moan about why it's still your fault.

So... let me get this straight. They warranty manufacturer defects BUT... they exclude parts that were defective due to manufacturer design and their decision to install them improperly.

Let me rephrase what I have said before.

The transmission is a WELL KNOWN DEFECT from the manufacturer. They installed an improper/undersized transmission on a handful of models.

Bottom line is that they knew what they were doing with the warranty. They rolled the dice and since there is no real enforcement (a-la auto manufacturers) then they can sit back and deny.

In the end it will be a learning experience and no more Husqvarna purchases by me.

I love my Sears branded Husqvarna. First one I got was a lemon, they tried fixing it, no joy. I complained on here about it, their search bot found the complaint, they called me and replaced it no problem. That was 5 years ago this September. Not a single problem since then.

You're exactly right. When I was in the market a few years ago I decided I wasn't buying ANY big box store brand because they're all made by the same company and re-badged. Had enough of the junk.

Have to take this with a grain of salt too. I was down at JD in Dameron looking at a new tractor, and the salesguy admitted they sell the "box store" version of the JD at the JD dealership just because people wanted a lower cost option. Just because it's a reputable dealer doesn't mean it's "the real thing".

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ummm.... brand? The brand name is in the title of the thread.

AYP???

Al most ALL of the garden tractors you can buy in boxstores like Lowes and Home Depot are all made by the same two companies using all the same parts..

Pick up a spare part off the shelf at Lowes and see how many different brands/ makes and models that ONE part goes on, that will be a clue.

Husqie probably hasn't made their own lawn tractors in 20 years..

AYP and MTD make up almost all of the garden tractor makes and models regardless of the badge put on them. Might as well say Bentley... or Rolls Royce, would be just as accurate.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Have to take this with a grain of salt too. I was down at JD in Dameron looking at a new tractor, and the salesguy admitted they sell the "box store" version of the JD at the JD dealership just because people wanted a lower cost option. Just because it's a reputable dealer doesn't mean it's "the real thing".

haven't been there to look at tractors in a few years, but last time I did their models started out with the X model (I think)..

BUT it makes sense if Lowes and others are going to send you to Carrol's to get services they may as well sell them too.

Of course John Deere built has to be taken with a grain of salt as well.. MUCH better quality than anything the box stores carry but the 2305 was Japanese built, YANMAR and imported to the US badged as a John Deere. I LOVE Yanmar..

glhs837

Power with Control
Do love my Sears DLT3000. No idea what sort of hydro is in there, but after 10 or more years of benign neglect, it's going strong. Well, once I adjusted the valves so it would run again :)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Do love my Sears DLT3000. No idea what sort of hydro is in there, but after 10 or more years of benign neglect, it's going strong. Well, once I adjusted the valves so it would run again :)

I was googling other info last week and found almost ALL Toyota Camry's are made by Subaru.. whonu?

No telling who makes what anymore.

General Lee

That is true and learned that as well during my research for nearly a year before I made a decision. I replaced a craftsman that was roughly 12 years old. For the most part it was a decent tractor, until it was breaking down on me every time I cut grass. However I took into consideration as we all know that things aren't made like they used to be. A craftsman today is not like they were a decade or more ago. Same with MTD, Husq, cub cadet, etc

nutz

So... let me get this straight. They warranty manufacturer defects BUT... they exclude parts that were defective due to manufacturer design and their decision to install them improperly.

Let me rephrase what I have said before.

The transmission is a WELL KNOWN DEFECT from the manufacturer. They installed an improper/undersized transmission on a handful of models.

Bottom line is that they knew what they were doing with the warranty. They rolled the dice and since there is no real enforcement (a-la auto manufacturers) then they can sit back and deny.

In the end it will be a learning experience and no more Husqvarna purchases by me.

The tranny is/was warranted by the manufacturer. They used different ones in different models. If it is under warranty and they refuse to fix/pay, different issue.