Az Hispanic Male [Democrat] wanted to punch White Female [Rep] in the throat

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Arizona Democrat ‘Wanted To Punch’ Female Republican Senator ‘In the Throat’

At first, Lesko told The Arizona Republic that wasn’t aware of much about Rubalcava and ignored his comments. Later, however, she said: “The more time I’ve had to think of this Rubalcava comment, it is kind of disturbing. I don’t know if the guy has violent tendencies, or what … The more I think about it, it is rather disturbing that someone would comment like that.”

On Thursday, Lesko also released a statement in the newspaper that read: “As a survivor of domestic violence from a previous marriage, Representative Rubalcava’s Facebook post saying ‘I wanted to punch her in the throat’ was very disturbing and totally inappropriate especially since he is an elementary school teacher and legislator. I hope in the future that he debates issues based on their merit in a civil manner.”

The Democrat has since taken down the comment and apologized on the floor of the Arizona House of Representatives. He insisted that because he was raised by a single mom, he doesn’t actually tolerate violence.

“And so, my comment, was definitely unprofessional, and it was unacceptable,” he told his colleagues. “And I want this body to know that I have apologized to Sen. Debbie Lesko for my comment, and I sincerely apologize. I want this body to know.”

littlelady

God bless the USA
There is no taking back, or apologizing for remarks. This is another example of the libprogs didn't get their way. They knee jerk, and then want to retract. Sorry, y'all, we are not stupid like you wanted US to be. Better luck, next time. :patriot:

This_person

Arizona Democrat ‘Wanted To Punch’ Female Republican Senator ‘In the Throat’

At first, Lesko told The Arizona Republic that wasn’t aware of much about Rubalcava and ignored his comments. Later, however, she said: “The more time I’ve had to think of this Rubalcava comment, it is kind of disturbing. I don’t know if the guy has violent tendencies, or what … The more I think about it, it is rather disturbing that someone would comment like that.”

On Thursday, Lesko also released a statement in the newspaper that read: “As a survivor of domestic violence from a previous marriage, Representative Rubalcava’s Facebook post saying ‘I wanted to punch her in the throat’ was very disturbing and totally inappropriate especially since he is an elementary school teacher and legislator. I hope in the future that he debates issues based on their merit in a civil manner.”

The Democrat has since taken down the comment and apologized on the floor of the Arizona House of Representatives. He insisted that because he was raised by a single mom, he doesn’t actually tolerate violence.

“And so, my comment, was definitely unprofessional, and it was unacceptable,” he told his colleagues. “And I want this body to know that I have apologized to Sen. Debbie Lesko for my comment, and I sincerely apologize. I want this body to know.”

Was it wrong because of the violence, or because a guy wanted to hit a girl, or because a D wanted to hit a R?

I see it as a great sign of the advancement of women's rights that (at least in what you pasted here) there was no talk of it being because it was a he going after a she. Equal means equal, even in things like this.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Was it wrong because of the violence, or because a guy wanted to hit a girl, or because a D wanted to hit a R?

I see it as a great sign of the advancement of women's rights that (at least in what you pasted here) there was no talk of it being because it was a he going after a she. Equal means equal, even in things like this.

It is what it is, if you believe the news media. I have read your posts over time, and you seem very convoluted, and your skipping snoopy avatar doesn't help me to take you seriously.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
it was a simple question .... ultimately why was it wrong

D vs R - once again a Progressive responds to with violence to something they don't agree with
Male vs Female

Last edited:

This_person

it was a simple question .... ultimately why was it wrong

D vs R - once again a Progressive responds to with violence to something they don't agree with
Male vs Female

Oh, I agree. Violence is the reason this is wrong, and should be ridiculed. It's not that a D wanted to hit an R, or a male wanted to hit a female, it's that a person responded by suggesting hitting another person - everything else doesn't matter.

What I was celebrating is that if this had been a female who wanted to hit a male, a republican who wanted to hit a democrat, we all can agree that those things would be just as, equally, wrong. It's not worse because a guy was suggesting hitting a girl. That's a great step forward for the equality of women, that no one really cares about that part of it anymore.

Hijinx

Oh, I agree. Violence is the reason this is wrong, and should be ridiculed. It's not that a D wanted to hit an R, or a male wanted to hit a female, it's that a person responded by suggesting hitting another person - everything else doesn't matter.

What I was celebrating is that if this had been a female who wanted to hit a male, a republican who wanted to hit a democrat, we all can agree that those things would be just as, equally, wrong. It's not worse because a guy was suggesting hitting a girl. That's a great step forward for the equality of women, that no one really cares about that part of it anymore.

I believe it was taken literally when it wasn't meant literally.

This_person

I believe it was taken literally when it wasn't meant literally.

Meant literally or as a figure of speech, it's still not ok to even figuratively resort to violence as a proper response to someone else's ideas.

"That really made me angry" is much better than "I wanted to punch that person".

This is the kind of thing we learn in kindergarten, but this legislator and elementary school teacher apparently did not. It took until he had to stand on the floor of his legislative house and humble himself that he did. Let's hope it is a lesson learned, and helps others to grow up some, too.

Hijinx

Meant literally or as a figure of speech, it's still not ok to even figuratively resort to violence as a proper response to someone else's ideas.

"That really made me angry" is much better than "I wanted to punch that person".

This is the kind of thing we learn in kindergarten, but this legislator and elementary school teacher apparently did not. It took until he had to stand on the floor of his legislative house and humble himself that he did. Let's hope it is a lesson learned, and helps others to grow up some, too.

I agree it isn't good , but show me a person who has never said, Go #### yourself, or Drop dead, or I'd like to kick his azz.
It happens.