Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Az Hispanic Male [Democrat] wanted to punch White Female [Rep] in the throat

Az Hispanic Male [Democrat] wanted to punch White Female [Rep] in the throat

Arizona Democrat ‘Wanted To Punch’ Female Republican Senator ‘In the Throat’

At first, Lesko told The Arizona Republic that wasn’t aware of much about Rubalcava and ignored his comments. Later, however, she said: “The more time I’ve had to think of this Rubalcava comment, it is kind of disturbing. I don’t know if the guy has violent tendencies, or what … The more I think about it, it is rather disturbing that someone would comment like that.”

On Thursday, Lesko also released a statement in the newspaper that read: “As a survivor of domestic violence from a previous marriage, Representative Rubalcava’s Facebook post saying ‘I wanted to punch her in the throat’ was very disturbing and totally inappropriate especially since he is an elementary school teacher and legislator. I hope in the future that he debates issues based on their merit in a civil manner.”

The Democrat has since taken down the comment and apologized on the floor of the Arizona House of Representatives. He insisted that because he was raised by a single mom, he doesn’t actually tolerate violence.

“And so, my comment, was definitely unprofessional, and it was unacceptable,” he told his colleagues. “And I want this body to know that I have apologized to Sen. Debbie Lesko for my comment, and I sincerely apologize. I want this body to know.”
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

There is no taking back, or apologizing for remarks. This is another example of the libprogs didn't get their way. They knee jerk, and then want to retract. Sorry, y'all, we are not stupid like you wanted US to be. Better luck, next time.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Arizona Democrat ‘Wanted To Punch’ Female Republican Senator ‘In the Throat’

At first, Lesko told The Arizona Republic that wasn’t aware of much about Rubalcava and ignored his comments. Later, however, she said: “The more time I’ve had to think of this Rubalcava comment, it is kind of disturbing. I don’t know if the guy has violent tendencies, or what … The more I think about it, it is rather disturbing that someone would comment like that.”

On Thursday, Lesko also released a statement in the newspaper that read: “As a survivor of domestic violence from a previous marriage, Representative Rubalcava’s Facebook post saying ‘I wanted to punch her in the throat’ was very disturbing and totally inappropriate especially since he is an elementary school teacher and legislator. I hope in the future that he debates issues based on their merit in a civil manner.”

The Democrat has since taken down the comment and apologized on the floor of the Arizona House of Representatives. He insisted that because he was raised by a single mom, he doesn’t actually tolerate violence.

“And so, my comment, was definitely unprofessional, and it was unacceptable,” he told his colleagues. “And I want this body to know that I have apologized to Sen. Debbie Lesko for my comment, and I sincerely apologize. I want this body to know.”
    Was it wrong because of the violence, or because a guy wanted to hit a girl, or because a D wanted to hit a R?

I see it as a great sign of the advancement of women's rights that (at least in what you pasted here) there was no talk of it being because it was a he going after a she. Equal means equal, even in things like this.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Was it wrong because of the violence, or because a guy wanted to hit a girl, or because a D wanted to hit a R?

I see it as a great sign of the advancement of women's rights that (at least in what you pasted here) there was no talk of it being because it was a he going after a she. Equal means equal, even in things like this.
    It is what it is, if you believe the news media. I have read your posts over time, and you seem very convoluted, and your skipping snoopy avatar doesn't help me to take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    your skipping snoopy avatar doesn't help me to take you seriously.
    I'm sorry I'm a happy guy, I guess....
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

it was a simple question .... ultimately why was it wrong

D vs R - once again a Progressive responds to with violence to something they don't agree with
    Male vs Female
    Last edited by GURPS; 04-18-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

I'm sorry I'm a happy guy, I guess....
    Ok. I am glad you are happy. Happy, Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    it was a simple question .... ultimately why was it wrong

D vs R - once again a Progressive responds to with violence to something they don't agree with
    Male vs Female
    Oh, I agree. Violence is the reason this is wrong, and should be ridiculed. It's not that a D wanted to hit an R, or a male wanted to hit a female, it's that a person responded by suggesting hitting another person - everything else doesn't matter.

What I was celebrating is that if this had been a female who wanted to hit a male, a republican who wanted to hit a democrat, we all can agree that those things would be just as, equally, wrong. It's not worse because a guy was suggesting hitting a girl. That's a great step forward for the equality of women, that no one really cares about that part of it anymore.
    Both are terrifying.

Oh, I agree. Violence is the reason this is wrong, and should be ridiculed. It's not that a D wanted to hit an R, or a male wanted to hit a female, it's that a person responded by suggesting hitting another person - everything else doesn't matter.

What I was celebrating is that if this had been a female who wanted to hit a male, a republican who wanted to hit a democrat, we all can agree that those things would be just as, equally, wrong. It's not worse because a guy was suggesting hitting a girl. That's a great step forward for the equality of women, that no one really cares about that part of it anymore.
    I believe it was taken literally when it wasn't meant literally.

Oh, I agree. Violence is the reason this is wrong, and should be ridiculed.

OK - I was directing query to others ....
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Members who have read this thread: 9