Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Az Hispanic Male [Democrat] wanted to punch White Female [Rep] in the throat

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I believe it was taken literally when it wasn't meant literally.
    Meant literally or as a figure of speech, it's still not ok to even figuratively resort to violence as a proper response to someone else's ideas.

"That really made me angry" is much better than "I wanted to punch that person".

This is the kind of thing we learn in kindergarten, but this legislator and elementary school teacher apparently did not. It took until he had to stand on the floor of his legislative house and humble himself that he did. Let's hope it is a lesson learned, and helps others to grow up some, too.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Meant literally or as a figure of speech, it's still not ok to even figuratively resort to violence as a proper response to someone else's ideas.

"That really made me angry" is much better than "I wanted to punch that person".

This is the kind of thing we learn in kindergarten, but this legislator and elementary school teacher apparently did not. It took until he had to stand on the floor of his legislative house and humble himself that he did. Let's hope it is a lesson learned, and helps others to grow up some, too.
    I agree it isn't good , but show me a person who has never said, Go #### yourself, or Drop dead, or I'd like to kick his azz.
    It happens.

I wonder how you all would like to compare and contrast this story with the kerfuffle over punching Moldylocks.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.