Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's Gallup news

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Sorry GURPS and TJ... nothing personal but I've made a command decision that from now on if the thread title is about polls or approval ratings, I'm not going to click.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Name:  DERP.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  14.8 KB
    Awwwwwww... a puppy!
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Sorry GURPS and TJ... nothing personal but I've made a command decision that from now on if the thread title is about polls or approval ratings, I'm not going to click.

I'm just anyway
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    Cares about people like you...42%..ouch...
    My feeling is hurt.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    Here's the latest from Gallup. This was taken over the weekend he ordered that useless strike on Syria...and still look at where his numbers are. If you can't understand why this President can't get anything done (beyond the his ineptitude and the ineptitude of his staff that is) just look at his polling data. No politician will work with a Pres with numbers this low. Looking at this, the only relevant question is how does 52% of the country still think this guy is a strong and decisive leader? He's failed at everything he has attempted, when actually in front of those he skewers in public he become chief whimp, he's now reneged on almost every promise he made during the campaign. (Don't say he got Gorsuch on the Supreme Court...McConnell would have pushed through the nominee of an untrained monkey sitting in the Oval as long as the monkey had an R after his name)

Feb 1-5 Apr 5-9 Change
    Keeps his promises 62 45 -17
    Is a strong and decisive leader 59 52 -7
    Can bring about changes this country needs 53 46 -7
    Is honest and trustworthy 42 36 -6
    Cares about the needs of people like you 46 42 -4
    Can manage the government effectively 44 41 -3

Honest and trustworthy...36% agree...ouch. Cares about people like you...42%..ouch...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/208640/ma...promises.aspx?
    Funniest part, no matter how LOW his poll numbers go.. he's still the President!
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    My feeling is hurt.
    Wow, the whole thing??
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Wow, the whole thing??
    It's my last one and it gets bad. You know how you can stub your pinky toe and your entire being centers in on that one little, itty bitty toe and causes you curl up on the floor in pain? Just like that.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

What I read when I see the break down of these polls is, it's mostly straight down party lines. Dems hate him; Republicans don't.
    The numbers only move when independents change their minds or a few on either side do - by and large, the country is the same as on election day.

What is troubling to me is - people like to show hey, Obama had great numbers.
    Sure he did. Even though almost half the nation voted against him - they were willing to give him a chance.
    Those awful Republicans - they approved him at first.
    Kind of wore off after a year, and the ACA.

This crowd - they just hate him. And I don't think any amount of miracles will change their minds.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    It's my last one and it gets bad. You know how you can stub your pinky toe and your entire being centers in on that one little, itty bitty toe and causes you curl up on the floor in pain? Just like that.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 40