Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 102

Thread: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President

  1. #21
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    10,750
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Had Obama done something of note between rounds, nobody would have batted an eyelash at his leisure activities. As it stood, he sat around blathering and laying on his worthless ass, then decided to go play a little golf with some celebrity. Which is another note: Trump golfs with world leaders and uses it as a networking and business tool; Obama golfed purely for fun. When Trump plays golf, he's working; when Obama played golf he was just playing golf.

    But of course everything with this guy has to come down to RACIST!!!! Just like everything with Shrillary has to come down to SEXIST!!! It should embarrass them to be reduced to a race and a vagina, and yet they pigeonhole their own selves as just that.
    you mean like passing healthcare? Or maybe killing bin laden?


    BTW, Obama golfed with plenty of leaders. I specifically remember he took Cry baby John on the links when they were negotiating the debt ceiling increases......\



    but why let reality get in the way
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    you mean like passing healthcare? Or maybe killing bin laden?
    I personally like to see achievement followed up with actual positive results. Obamacare and killing Bin Laden resulting in nothing subsequently successful. In both cases, things got worse.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    you mean like passing healthcare?
    That was so great he "passed healthcare". None of us had any before that.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I personally like to see achievement followed up with actual positive results. Obamacare and killing Bin Laden resulting in nothing subsequently successful. In both cases, things got worse.
    Don't you remember that GM is alive and bin Laden is dead?

    Somehow al-Qaeda isn't dead, the Taliban are back and now we have ISIS. So I'm not convinced it was much of an accomplishment.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  5. #25
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    10,750
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I personally like to see achievement followed up with actual positive results. Obamacare and killing Bin Laden resulting in nothing subsequently successful. In both cases, things got worse.
    just pointing out the idiocy of Vs statement. Obviously Obama did things between rounds. You can debate if they were right or if they resulted in 'good', but he did do plenty other than play golf.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    just pointing out the idiocy of Vs statement. Obviously Obama did things between rounds. You can debate if they were right or if they resulted in 'good', but he did do plenty other than play golf.
    Okay, we're good with - he did things that made this country worse off. I'm good with that.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Don't you remember that GM is alive and bin Laden is dead?

    Somehow al-Qaeda isn't dead, the Taliban are back and now we have ISIS. So I'm not convinced it was much of an accomplishment.
    It's like celebrating you won the first game - running laps around the field, waving your team flag, throwing a big party, throwing it in everyone's face - then losing every game the rest of the season.

    It did not good to take bin Laden out if he had no intentions of dealing with the entire problem.

    The ACA? What sort of achievement was there here? That he was able to pass it as law. It was designed to fail.

    These aren't accomplishments at all. I'm sorry, but you don't get the luxury of claiming you got something done, when what you got done had the opposite effect that you claimed it would have.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  8. #28
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    10,750
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Okay, we're good with - he did things that made this country worse off. I'm good with that.
    bwhahahaha

    sure, in your opinion that's all he did.

    like I said, you are free to believe whatever you want about what he did, the fact of the matter is that he did things. Bringing it back to the point of this thread, Obama did plenty between rounds. You guys just hated him for it because of the letter after his name.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    bwhahahaha

    sure, in your opinion that's all he did.

    like I said, you are free to believe whatever you want about what he did, the fact of the matter is that he did things. Bringing it back to the point of this thread, Obama did plenty between rounds. You guys just hated him for it because of the letter after his name.
    That's not how I operate. I don't like or hate people for their designation. You gave two examples of what Obama 'achieved' and I answered to that.

    Yes, Obama passed the ACA. He said it would result in being able to keep your own plan and doctor. He claimed it would reduce the cost of health insurance and healthcare. None of this happened at all. You can't win your first hockey game and claim you've won the Stanley Cup. Obama won the first round of getting it passed, and lost every round there after. He lost the fight. And democrats - because they ALL voted for this monstrosity - have been losing ever since. And now look at where they are.

    I give credit to Obama for pulling the trigger on Bin Laden. Something Bush couldn't seem to do for some odd reason. But it has no effect on al Qaeda whatsoever. It's like saying I killed the first rabid dog in a pack of rabid dogs; then the rest are going to attack me anyway.

    In the world of presidents, if they accomplish something, they better follow it up with sustaining action. Trump may get the wall up, but if it doesn't result in stopping the flow of illegals, what's the point? A big beautiful wall that does nothing it was promised to do. I'm certain you wouldn't call that an achievement.

    bwhahahaha
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  10. #30
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    10,750
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    That's not how I operate. I don't like or hate people for their designation. You gave two examples of what Obama 'achieved' and I answered to that.

    Yes, Obama passed the ACA. He said it would result in being able to keep your own plan and doctor. He claimed it would reduce the cost of health insurance and healthcare. None of this happened at all. You can't win your first hockey game and claim you've won the Stanley Cup. Obama won the first round of getting it passed, and lost every round there after. He lost the fight. And democrats - because they ALL voted for this monstrosity - have been losing ever since. And now look at where they are.

    I give credit to Obama for pulling the trigger on Bin Laden. Something Bush couldn't seem to do for some odd reason. But it has no effect on al Qaeda whatsoever. It's like saying I killed the first rabid dog in a pack of rabid dogs; then the rest are going to attack me anyway.

    In the world of presidents, if they accomplish something, they better follow it up with sustaining action. Trump may get the wall up, but if it doesn't result in stopping the flow of illegals, what's the point? A big beautiful wall that does nothing it was promised to do. I'm certain you wouldn't call that an achievement.

    bwhahahaha



    If Obama lost everything WRT the ACA except for passing it, then why is it still in existence?


    yeah, killing bin laden did nothing, and you don't operate that way.....


    I'm not banging on trump for playing golf either
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Members who have read this thread: 57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |