Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102

Thread: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    The letter after their name
    Yup. And on the flip side, D's used to despise golfers but changed their views when Bubba set a new record for rounds while in office and looked the other way when Obama lived on the course.

    We're all far more alike than we're comfortable coming to terms with.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Yup. And on the flip side, D's used to despise golfers but changed their views when Bubba set a new record for rounds while in office and looked the other way when Obama lived on the course.

    We're all far more alike than we're comfortable coming to terms with.



    I've seen a lot of R's saying that Trump broke his promise, and is playing too much golf. Where's this impression coming from that it's ok for Trump but not for Obama? There may be some, but most people are saying the opposite of that.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post



    I've seen a lot of R's saying that Trump broke his promise, and is playing too much golf. Where's this impression coming from that it's ok for Trump but not for Obama? There may be some, but most people are saying the opposite of that.
    I've heard people complain about the Florida trips but not the gold because most R's know damn well how important golf is, one on one, in doing business.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    this is news to me ?

    what does Melina living in NYC have to do with this ?

    Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.

    Melania on the other hand is maintaining a seperata residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.
    Last edited by CalvertNewb; 04-19-2017 at 10:17 AM.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,776
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.

    Melania on the other hand is maintaining a seperata residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.
    And some people bitch because they have nothing better to do, and are upset about being losers.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    this is news to me ?

    what does Melina living in NYC have to do with this ?

    Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.

    Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

  7. #47
    Registered User Grumpy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Loveville
    Posts
    1,524
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport(sic) residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.
    The residence is Trumps, security is required for Trump's family and I believe its been reported she is moving to the White House after Barron finishes his school year. Being that you sound like a liberal, I can't understand why you have an issue with Melania staying in New York so Barron can finish the school year, isn't one of your mantras 'its all about the children'??

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    'its all about the children'??
    Isn't that Planned Parenthoods Slogan?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    The residence is Trumps, security is required for Trump's family and I believe its been reported she is moving to the White House after Barron finishes his school year. Being that you sound like a liberal, I can't understand why you have an issue with Melania staying in New York so Barron can finish the school year, isn't one of your mantras 'its all about the children'??

    Yes but if she moved to Washington the security and cost would not be an issue. Also space in the building is rented to the secret service which is an additional cost above their salary's. Yet you probably cried when and old woman moved into the white house. But a FLOTUS who takes a private plane to Florida every weekend at the tax payers expenses is okay with you. It's typical republican hypocrisy. It's fine if someone I like does it but not when someone with a D after their name does it.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.
    Just curious; how much is that? If there's room for Ivanka's family, and that would help out with young Barron, would you be all for that?

    Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.
    So, are you for or against cutting the NEA/PBS funding? Were you for or against the Obama's claiming their children as "advisers" so they didn't have to pay their own way (traveling as part of the official entourage, like Secret Service)?

    If you are okay with the cutting, I can see your complaints on her staying in NY (like the Obamas going to NY for a "date", or traveling separately for no apparent reason, etc.). If you're ok with the other spending, what's the problem with what the Trumps are doing?
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Members who have read this thread: 57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |