Conservatives don't hate a golfing President

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
KING: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President, but they hated an uppity negro golfing President

More than ever, it's clear that conservatives never really had a problem with a golfing President, what they hated seeing was a black golfing President. I also think this was the subconscious message that Trump was pulling on throughout the campaign trail to his almost exclusively white audiences.

The racist caricature of the "uppity negro" has deep roots in this country. Uppity negroes have irritated white folk for over a hundred years. In its most simple form, the uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys anything other than working from sunup to sundown. Particularly, an uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys creature comforts in life that some whites may not yet be able to afford to enjoy — say a musical, a play, fine dining, or, you guessed it, a round of golf.

It's why referencing Obama golfing got such a rise out of white, working-class crowds. It was a coded way to say, "How dare that uppity negro golf and enjoy leisure time why we work hard to make this country what it truly is?" Of course, they could never use those words, but I truly believe that is what they wanted to say every single time they expressed disgust and disdain seeing Obama golf.

This_person

KING: Conservatives don't hate a golfing President, but they hated an uppity negro golfing President

More than ever, it's clear that conservatives never really had a problem with a golfing President, what they hated seeing was a black golfing President. I also think this was the subconscious message that Trump was pulling on throughout the campaign trail to his almost exclusively white audiences.

The racist caricature of the "uppity negro" has deep roots in this country. Uppity negroes have irritated white folk for over a hundred years. In its most simple form, the uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys anything other than working from sunup to sundown. Particularly, an uppity negro is a black man or woman who enjoys creature comforts in life that some whites may not yet be able to afford to enjoy — say a musical, a play, fine dining, or, you guessed it, a round of golf.

It's why referencing Obama golfing got such a rise out of white, working-class crowds. It was a coded way to say, "How dare that uppity negro golf and enjoy leisure time why we work hard to make this country what it truly is?" Of course, they could never use those words, but I truly believe that is what they wanted to say every single time they expressed disgust and disdain seeing Obama golf.

Mr. King seems to be (what's the word???) grossly inaccurate in his thoughts.

littlelady

God bless the USA
And we got along so good with Tiger Woods.

The crap that comes out of the Left is unbelievable. There were, also, headlines all over the place talking about this years Easter Egg Roll at the WH, and the Trump's were not prepared. The media will stop at nothing. Thank God there are enough Americans left that still have an intact brain.

SamSpade

Part of this has to do with - how OLD *is* America, anyway?

Prior to Obama - who was the last President who spent a lot of time *golfing*?

Dubya did - for a while. Then he swore off it for the balance of his term when he was committed to two wars. He said that he couldn't be sending men to die while he was busy golfing.

And we have Bill - he didn't golf a lot and he was famous for his "Billigans".

Prior to that we have - Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford and Nixon. None widely known for playing a lot of golf.

Prior to THAT we have Johnson, Kennedy and Eisenhower - all of whom played a lot of golf - but played it fifty to sixty years ago.

So what we HAVE is Obama who played a lot of golf. Which is a little weird because he is the least athletic of most modern Presidents. His basketball left a lot to be desired.

Ironically - Trump is actually a very good golfer, even at his age. Even Tiger Woods was surprised at his skill. He has a swing unique to HIM.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Isn't "athletically lacking" a signature characteristic of being a golfer?

No. Between golf coach and baseball coach, my hub can play neither again because of his torn rotator cuff. He is sad about that, so now he is an ultra runner, Point being. Golf is athletic' especially, if you walk the course instead of using a cart.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Had Obama done something of note between rounds, nobody would have batted an eyelash at his leisure activities. As it stood, he sat around blathering and laying on his worthless ass, then decided to go play a little golf with some celebrity. Which is another note: Trump golfs with world leaders and uses it as a networking and business tool; Obama golfed purely for fun. When Trump plays golf, he's working; when Obama played golf he was just playing golf.

But of course everything with this guy has to come down to RACIST!!!! :jameo: Just like everything with Shrillary has to come down to SEXIST!!! :jameo: It should embarrass them to be reduced to a race and a vagina, and yet they pigeonhole their own selves as just that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't think a .22 will get it over the water hazard. Perhaps a 9 for a 9.

depends on how you hit it ....
but yeah we were on a 150 foot range ...
these 'good ol boys' showed up with a milk crate with 2 doz golf balls ....

.22s
9 mm
7.62x39

Pow ... Zing - deep into the woods

tommyjo

Which is another note: Trump golfs with world leaders and uses it as a networking and business tool; Obama golfed purely for fun. When Trump plays golf, he's working; when Obama played golf he was just playing golf.

And yet what has Trump accomplished while golfing with all these world leaders? Nothing...not a single deal....not a joint statement...no jobs...hell he came out of the meeting with the Chinese basically on his knees a la Mitt Romney begging for Trump campaign dollars (if you are to believe Trump's story--which of course you will)...no nothing...just wracking up the bill to the taxpayer. Yup whadda guy!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

thuglife.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
Go play 18 holes, then come back and tell us how it went.

Walk it.

I have played a lot of sports over my years football, baseball, soccer, wrestling, ice hockey... Practiced hard at all of them. None of them were anywhere near the difficulty of golf.

Task #1 - just keep the ball in the fairway.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
And yet what has Trump accomplished while golfing with all these world leaders? Nothing...not a single deal....

Yeah that. I mean he's had years... oh wait... months.... wait... has he even gone over 100 days yet?

Man-alive why aren't you our president? :notworthy