GA Dem candidate Ossoff doesn’t live in district!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
GA Dem candidate Ossoff can’t vote for himself — because he doesn’t live in district!

“Mr. Ossoff, is it true that you cannot vote for yourself?” host Alisyn Camerota asked the Democratic candidate.

After an awkward silence, Ossoff responded, “Well, I grew up in this district.

“I grew up in this community. No one knew there was going to be an election coming,” he continued.

“I’ve been living with Alicia, my girlfriend of 12 years down by Emory University where she’s a full-time medical student.

“And as soon as she concludes her medical training, I’ll be 10 minutes back up the street into the district where I grew up, but I want to support her and her career and do right by her,” Ossoff said.

carpetbagger ....
I thought one had to live in the district they were running to represent :shrug:
I guess not ....

This_person

carpetbagger ....
I thought one had to live in the district they were running to represent :shrug:
I guess not ....

Nope, just the state:
US Constitution said:
No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Dudes a liberal dem. Ain't gonna matter how illegal or carpet bagging he is - the left will get him a way into the vote.

Hell, if we can have a President who wasn't technically an American citizen, why not a Representative who's a carpet bagger?