How Can You Tell M Waters is Lying ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... her lips are moving.

"Middle class and working people are filing their taxes; many are struggling, paying 30 and 35 percent of their earnings, more percentage-wise than big corporations in America," Waters bloviated, an ironic statement given that Waters typically votes against tax cuts.

Then Waters told her blatantly false claim about Trump.

"What is Donald Trump paying?" Waters asked, before answering her own question: "Nothing!" Other crowd members repeated that false claim.

"He is using every loophole, every trick to avoid paying his fair share of taxes," Waters said.

Waters must not have seen Rachel Maddow's biggest media reveal fail ever on MSNBC, where she inadvertently revealed that Trump paid a tax rate of 25 percent in 2005, a higher tax rate than Barack Obama and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Waters is therefore either woefully misinformed or lying through her teeth.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15470/maxine-waters-tells-massive-falsehood-about-trump-aaron-bandler

stgislander

PREMO Member
And still people keep reporting what she says. I bet there's a waiting line to get into anywhere she's speaking.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Because liberals ignore loopholes and overpay whenever possible. /s

Hijinx

This fierce strong woman with the James Brown wig has been in the Congress for a lot of years.
1. Why hasn't she closed those loopholes/.
2. How many of those loopholes does she and her banker husband use.
3.Has anyone seen her tax papers?
4. Listed as one of the most corrupt people in Congress and having been charged with ethics violations
what give her the right to ask for anyone's impeachment.?

She needs to clean up her own mess.

tommyjo

.... her lips are moving.

"Middle class and working people are filing their taxes; many are struggling, paying 30 and 35 percent of their earnings, more percentage-wise than big corporations in America," Waters bloviated, an ironic statement given that Waters typically votes against tax cuts.

Then Waters told her blatantly false claim about Trump.

"What is Donald Trump paying?" Waters asked, before answering her own question: "Nothing!" Other crowd members repeated that false claim.

"He is using every loophole, every trick to avoid paying his fair share of taxes," Waters said.

Waters must not have seen Rachel Maddow's biggest media reveal fail ever on MSNBC, where she inadvertently revealed that Trump paid a tax rate of 25 percent in 2005, a higher tax rate than Barack Obama and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). Waters is therefore either woefully misinformed or lying through her teeth.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15470/maxine-waters-tells-massive-falsehood-about-trump-aaron-bandler

Kinda funny you and your dailywire author are too stupid to miss the first lie...which was just as big...given the ignorance of the actual tax laws that's not surprising. It is also not surprising given your continual propagandist viewpoint...facts aren't important...only the facts that skew to your view are important.

"Middle income and working people" do not pay 30-35% federal income taxes.

Oh...and the actual truth of her commentary and the blatantly false claim of your propaganda site...we have no idea what Mr. Trump is paying in taxes...we know he paid tax in 2005...the returns from the 1990s that were released showed an attempt by our President to cheat/lie (call it what you want) on his taxes...the only "blatant" thing that can be reported about Mr. Trump's taxes is that he refuses to release them.

So no one, not you, not me, not Rachael Maddow, not your propaganda sites can make any claim as to what Mr. Trump will claim or attempt to claim on this year's returns. (BTW...it really isn't hard to understand this point...unless your only goal is to pus propaganda as fact.)

This_person

Kinda funny you and your dailywire author are too stupid to miss the first lie...which was just as big...given the ignorance of the actual tax laws that's not surprising. It is also not surprising given your continual propagandist viewpoint...facts aren't important...only the facts that skew to your view are important.

Oh...and the actual truth of her commentary and the blatantly false claim of your propaganda site...we have no idea what Mr. Trump is paying in taxes...we know he paid tax in 2005...the returns from the 1990s that were released showed an attempt by our President to cheat/lie (call it what you want) on his taxes...the only "blatant" thing that can be reported about Mr. Trump's taxes is that he refuses to release them.

So no one, not you, not me, not Rachael Maddow, not your propaganda sites can make any claim as to what Mr. Trump will claim or attempt to claim on this year's returns. (BTW...it really isn't hard to understand this point...unless your only goal is to pus propaganda as fact.)

You are right - the less you make the more incentive you are given to keep earning less by the government through lower tax rates and even "Earned Income" credit (how did it ever get that name?). So, no, middle income earners are definitely not paying anywhere near the percentages richer folk do.

However, we do know Trump is not under order to pay back taxes, implying he is not late or out of legal bounds with his taxes.

Hijinx

I bet the people around you must get awful tired of your constant anti Trump whining.

SamSpade

No, they don't. You may also notice that - she never said that.
She said *taxes*. And depending on where you live in the country - she's about right.

Average federal income tax paid by Americans is around 14%.
FICA is another 7.65%
State and local average is 9.9%.

14 + 7.65 + 9.9 is ---- drum roll --- 31.55

And I didn't include a nickel of property tax, sales tax, vehicle tax, gas tax or anything else.

Obviously WHERE you live makes a little bit of difference, but - middle America IS paying a lot of tax that could be spent on something else.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Average federal income tax paid by Americans is around 14%.
FICA is another 7.65%
State and local average is 9.9%.

14 + 7.65 + 9.9 is ---- drum roll --- 31.55

:yay:

TJ is a little slow or intentionally Obtuse ... I knew exactly what the Author of the Article meant ... thanks for the facts

I always use 30% when trying to guesstimate Fed / State / Other Taxes or fees