One Dead, Two Injured in Blackhawk Training Flight

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: One Dead, Two Injured in Blackhawk Training Flight

Date: 04-18-2017 12:16 PM

Summary: Monday, one crew member died and two were injured as a result of a helicopter crash during a training exercise at approximately 1:37 p.m., at Breton Bay Golf Course in Leonardtown.

Click here for the full story...

Hijinx

Summary: Monday, one crew member died and two were injured as a result of a helicopter crash during a training exercise at approximately 1:37 p.m., at Breton Bay Golf Course in Leonardtown.

Leonardtown Volunteers rapidly extricated the survivors who were flown out by helicopter.
Call came in for Leonardtown, Hollywood, 7th District, Fire Departments and Rescue Squads, and paramedics.

A good job done by all.

Natron0915

I saw a video taken of what was likely a few minutes after the crash. (statter911.com) Two civilians carrying one of the crew away from the aircraft, and quite a few more on top of and around it. It struck me as an extremely dangerous thing to be doing considering the potential hazards involved, i.e. flammables, composites, various hydraulic fluids and oils, not to mention a couple of blazing hot jet engines that were just recently (likely?) shut down in a hurry. While I commend them for the effort, there could have been a much more gruesome outcome if that helo had caught fire. I'm curious as to others thoughts on this and what you think you might do if you came on a scene like this directly after it happened and before emergency responder's have arrived.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm curious as to others thoughts on this and what you think you might do if you came on a scene like this directly after it happened and before emergency responder's have arrived.

if the aircraft is not currently a flaming wreck - try to get the injured out