Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

  1. #11
    Keep Calm and Don't Care! DipStick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Emerald Isle, NC
    Posts
    7,771
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Bill is gone.

    Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

    This network is a stinking mess.
    It's VERY hard to run a successful network when you represent the party that's in power. Regardless of the O'Reilly deal, there's a reason Rachel Maddow is pretty solidly #1 right now.

    Keith Olbermann put MSNBC on the map in 2004 by being anti-Bush. O'Reilly, Hannity and Kelly thrived when Obama was president, and Carlson has thrived on Trump's momentum. Now, Rachel Maddow is #1 in the 25-54 most nights, Chris Hayes' star is rising, Brian Williams is doing very well and even crazy Larry is doing well.
    Last edited by DipStick; 04-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Fix NASCAR: Build a short track.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Another one bites the dust.
    How can people that are so smart be so stupid?

    Of course I'm assuming any of these allegations are true.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DipStick View Post
    It's VERY hard to run a successful network when you represent the party that's in power. Regardless of the O'Reilly deal, there's a reason Rachel Maddow is pretty solidly #1 right now.

    Keith Olbermann put MSNBC on the map in 2004 by being anti-Bush. O'Reilly, Hannity and Kelly thrived when Obama was president, and Carlson has thrived on Trump's momentum. Now, Rachel Maddow is #1 in the 25-54 most nights, Chris Hayes' star is rising, Brian Williams is doing very well and even crazy Larry is doing well.
    I'm not sure I understand the thrust behind your post. O'Reilly was tossed because of harassment allegations against him, not because of ratings.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the thrust behind your post. O'Reilly was tossed because of harassment allegations against him, not because of ratings.
    I believe that he pretty much owned #1 in his timeslot.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I believe that he pretty much owned #1 in his timeslot.
    Okay. So what! Cutting him had nothing to do with ratings.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    IMO if O'Reilly and Fox are speaking about his. It's about money, not because the left wing is out to get O'Reilly. Which they probably are.
    O'Reilly and his lawyer think that he is 'a really big deal' that is worthy of a conspiracy involving multiple women he has worked with over the years. He is not. He is just a little man with a short weewee who is used to bullying people to get what he wants.

    No loss that he's gone. I hope they can find someone less grating to fill his slot.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    O'Reilly and his lawyer think that he is 'a really big deal' that is worthy of a conspiracy involving multiple women he has worked with over the years. He is not. He is just a little man with a short weewee who is used to bullying people to get what he wants.

    No loss that he's gone. I hope they can find someone less grating to fill his slot.
    O'Reilly does have a huge ego, but I don't have the first the size of his weewee.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the thrust behind your post. O'Reilly was tossed because of harassment allegations against him, not because of ratings.
    I think the thrust behind the post was addressing your comment that FoxNews is a mess, not your comments on O'Reilly.

  9. #19
    Starting Monday, Fox will air Tucker Carlson’s show an hour earlier, in O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. ET slot, and move the popular ensemble show “The Five” from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, “Five” member Eric Bolling will debut a one-hour program at 5 p.m., and Martha MacCallum will make her “First 100 Days” show permanent at 7 p.m.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by philibusters View Post
    I think the thrust behind the post was addressing your comment that FoxNews is a mess, not your comments on O'Reilly.
    FoxNews is a mess because of all of the sexual harassment and abuse going on; and people at the very top.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Members who have read this thread: 71

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |