Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    How can people that are so smart be so stupid?

Of course I'm assuming any of these allegations are true.
    They let the little head do the thinking for them.
    The list of men who have let the little head do their thinking for them is long and many notable people are on it.

MSNBC is having a field day tonight with the demise of O'Reilly.

On another note, Dana Perino is easy on the eyes. I wouldn't mind seeing her take the 8pm slot. With her and Martha before her at 7pm, the ending to my weekdays would be just wonderful!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all
    No way. It's certainly true or Fox would never cut their top dog loose.

O'Reilly fascinates me now. Why do people do that, shoot themselves and engage in self-destruction? Do they really get so wrapped around themselves that they think they're untouchable?

I will miss his show - he was the only one of the three (four if you count Megyn Kelly) prime time talking heads that was interesting and intelligent.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    MSNBC is having a field day tonight with the demise of O'Reilly.
    I'm sure, but O'Reilly did that to himself. He's the Aaron Hernandez of political talk show hosts. I'm super disappointed.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Starting Monday, Fox will air Tucker Carlson’s show an hour earlier, in O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. ET slot, and move the popular ensemble show “The Five” from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, “Five” member Eric Bolling will debut a one-hour program at 5 p.m., and Martha MacCallum will make her “First 100 Days” show permanent at 7 p.m.
    Yay! I love The Five and am glad to see Eric Bolling have his own show. We usually had to catch O'Reilly the second time around because we don't think about TV until later. Now I can miss Tucker and see The Five.

~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Okay. So what! Cutting him had nothing to do with ratings.
    I was agreeing with you
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    No way. It's certainly true or Fox would never cut their top dog loose.
    while I generally agree in the principle of money and ratings ....
    the longer this goes on it becomes what I will call the Palin Rope - A - Dope Maneuver - bury the opposition in frivolous lawsuits eventually they get so bogged down they cannot work effectively

how may sexual harassment lawsuits has Gloria Aldridge file against Conservative Politicians as they start getting popular in a Presidential Race

this chick waited 3 yrs to complain, Bill still had her on his show, got her on The View, spoke about her books
    ..... boo ####ing hoo she doesn't get a JOB of Fox suddenly it's because Bill wanted some 3 yrs ago

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

No evidence of the smear campaign was offered directly in the statement, but, oddly, conservative media platform TheBlaze founder Glenn Beck may have provided some proof Wednesday morning via Twitter. Beck posted an email from the Bonner Group, a Left-wing fundraising activist group that works under Media Matters For America.

"The Bonner group/A Super PAC and fundraiser for Hillary & DNC. The Campaign against Bill OReily [sic] is orchestrated by [Media Matters] & [Boner Group]," Beck caption the email, adding a #smearcampaign hashtag.

Name:  bill.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  48.0 KB

"Due to our advertiser education campaign, over 80 advertisers have currently dropped O'Reilly's show and the momentum continues to build," boasts the Left-wing group. "We are currently at a critical juncture in this campaign I hope you can join Media Matters President Angelo Carusone to hear about the success of the campaign so far, and our plans moving forward."

Bonner then offers an invitation for an upcoming group phone call seemingly concerning the campaign against O'Reilly.

Of course, this is not evidence that O'Reilly is innocent and the claims are bunk, but it does show a coordinated effort from the Left to oust O'Reilly for his political views.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/15505/...-prestigiacomo
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

I will miss his show - he was the only one of the three (four if you count Megyn Kelly) prime time talking heads that was interesting and intelligent.
    Me too. People were *AFRAID* of O'Reilly. It was a liberal rite of passage to claim you'd been on O'Reilly.
    Heck, I'M a little afraid of him.

No one else I know has that, although Tucker Carlson, with his baby face and bow ties is coming close.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all
    Oh, come on. FOX is going to abandon their #1 star because of un-founded allegations? Or, they're getting out in front of something they knew was gonna blow up sooner or later?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 71